Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Stolen Car

4 posters

Go down

Another Stolen Car Empty Another Stolen Car

Post by Bugman114 Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:26 pm

howdy yall. this is not VW related, but here goes anyway. A good freind of mines car was stolen this morning around 4am. its been in his family for a long time (i believe since new). He awoke at 4am to see his car backing out, and driving off. its a 1979 chevy camero. Its has an old respray. its silver, and kinda dull. it was a dark red/ burgandy interior. About 6 months ago he put a brand new summit 350 crate motor, edelbrock carb, and he also has a posi lock rear end. and as of a few days ago he put a brand new racing transmission. the wheels look like this:
Another Stolen Car Chevrolet_15_x7_z28_camaro_wheels_125_fitzgerald_9197717

it almost looks exactly like this (same wheels and everything), except for the hood scoop, and the paint is dull:
Another Stolen Car 303577.1979.Chevrolet.Camaro.Z28.2-Door.Coupe

if you see it please call me at 404-219-7174. I'll try to get some actuall pics of the car, the VIN, and some more imformation about it. thanks

-Mike
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Another Stolen Car Empty Re: Another Stolen Car

Post by pwmcguire Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:48 pm

sounds like someone knew what he was doing with the car.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:54 pm

my thoughts exactly!!!!! only thing you might find is the shell Evil or Very Mad
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:45 am

i just hope he atleast gets something back. he can always get another motor/ transmission, but its the car itself that really holds the sentimental value. as yall can magine he's really bummed out. i've taken apart camaro and many gm steering columns before (to repair, not steal, lol), and yeah, they are really easy to steal. a buddy of mine lost his keys to his 76 camaro once, and i did exactly that, i used a slide hammer, screw in, and one good hit, and it came out. that paricular column used the lock cylinder with the tab, instead of the pin. twist the little thingy inside with a needle nose pliers, and it started right up. took me all of 30 seconds to do.

hell our cars are even worse. either yank the connection behind the ignition switch, and two paper clips, or a jumper wire from the alternator and coil, and bump start it.

anyhoo, i can't help but think that if he were to have had a hidden kill switch somewhere, this might not have happened. the theif might have popped the lock, tried to crank it, and the noise would have woken him up (the car was right outside his window).
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Bugman114 wrote:i just hope he atleast gets something back. he can always get another motor/ transmission, but its the car itself that really holds the sentimental value.

I feel tremendously for your friends loss. Lets all keep our eyes wide open for this, and any other person who experiences such a heart wrenching loss. We gotta watch out and work to protect all who are doing things the right way!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down