Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead.

+107
jotty
ridikas
Clyde
Do Work 93YJ
shvlhed69
Gabass
DubDawg2579
vw57drvr
drvr8
MRJEL
jtcap
Jon65
guytonbug
macollins105
pwmcguire
runabout199
67Dubbn
yayarudy
dirtyd73
Geib
primer00
ping349n
tmerritt
Knumb Knucks
type901
Brooks424
bulldawgdude
casey.adams
earlyvwfanatic
Major62
scott
fried_chicken
camch
54sunroofsemaphore
frehstan
720boy
hly3rd
jamrens
dlandvw3
Plaidgirl
kstanle2
56rag
LB Bedwell
BKiller
vwtattooed
PeeWeeMan91
68beetlebug
Johnny
AlphaOmega
callahan
67vdub
70VWKG
DOODLE BUGG
peregrine67
adams77
goatfarmer67
72superbeetle
buggin70
drewBAKER
aircooledaddicts
ASBug
ibjamn
Muffler Bearing
ponycar25
68buggirrl
cylops80
71Ghia
Grifspop
vwgirl
buggin58
VW12step
Yaeger
wheel_sun
69panel
Hobug
laith
jshmnghm
bakertim2
Sheffmyster
petervalle
vwovalchild
BUBBABEAR
65type2dailydriver
sploval53
Bugman114
meinvw
DiggerD
EngineerTEN
Cambur
fearthefat138
Goped406
LungTube
Damn-it Don
fluxcap
rpm750
57RTOval
DiscoSquirrel
daltondragger73
39coupe
56HAVOC
lamie
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
panic_fan
zabo
71_georgia_beetle
59suicide
bumblebuggy
111 posters

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Go down

Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 Empty Re: Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead.

Post by Bugman114 Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:26 am

Last night i saw a pink bug. i think the wheels were pink too. it was stock. it was at the kangaroo station on fairview road next to kroger in ellenwood. I think he was using the air compressor. i honked, but i was in my dads 02 galant.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 Empty Re: Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead.

Post by vwgirl Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:05 am

For the number of pictures that get taken of my car every week, I am surprised that none of them have ended up here! I see lots of VW's every week... recent encounters have included a green ghia on Powder Springs Rd., a flat black beetle on the road that runs by the Home Depot Outlet between Austell rd and EW Conn., a white super beetle vert on EW Conn, and numerous beetles at the WalMart on Powder Springs... There are so many VW's around here it is hard to count... and if we go up my street and count all the watercooled I would be here all day... (Though I do have a neighbor that also fixes VW's... he says he has a rabbit truck in his garage... I told him, that's cool... I have a Thing in mine Smile)

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:06 pm

what: 68 bug, blue

when: 12/17 2:45 PM

where: Hwy 29 and Papermill Road.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:48 am

I see VW's just about every day... i keep saying that I am going to post them here but i keep forgetting... last weeks sightings include a 1303 that was black and white, or cream 2 tone on east west connector in rush hour traffic, a nice white beetle, only saw it from behind as i heard it fweem by at east west connector on austell road at about 8:30 am... the same morning i also saw a faded yellow beetle on east west connector headed toward barret parkway. I also saw a copperish colored beetle somewhere near downtown... but i have really no idea where i was, but i could probably take you there... i also saw a ghia, but i don't remember which one was here and which was in chattanooga, i think it was a white one here? and would be in the same east west connector area.

maybe i will start posting dates and times a bit more specifically!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:12 am

I pass 2 everyday taking the kid to work, (trickum rd in Mtta) an early bay camper painted similar to my DC in green primer, and there is a gon westy sits up off the road in a drivway. Have stopped about the early bay, its parked there since his neighbors do not like it being at home, but yet to meet the owner.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Goped406 Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:17 pm

anyone see the new enzyte commercial? Its a corvette and a karmann ghia at a stop light. i couldnt find it online so i think its pretty new
Goped406
Goped406
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:19 pm

hahaha, i saw that one. the ghia had a licsense plate that said "CLUNKR" lol. it wasn't the enzyte that got the girl, it was the ghia, hahaha
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:45 pm

VW.............for natural male enhancement.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:38 pm

this your old one jerome?

Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 Sighting
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 pm

You had a Vandetta Jerome?

I always wanted one of those Sad

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by laith Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:03 am

Didn't David in Gainesville have one of those? He had all the cool stuff.
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:30 am

Yes he Did. Not sure if he still does, he never wanted to part with that one. He told me his son in law wanted it but that was several years ago. He's gotten rid of most of his vw stuff and. Focuses on the studebakers now

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:54 am

Not one of mine yet! Give me time.... Myold blue one was a volkaro which is in SC for sale again. I did have some weird home built C cabs here was working on for someone, might be the ones you are thinking about.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:57 am

Stumbled on this one yesterday....Definetly a " WTF was this person thinking?" creation.
Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 DSCN1651
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:24 pm

I found this last week- was a little puzzeled. I don't recall this body style being so curvey on the rear quarter, and that swooped rear pillar.
Mid/late 70's 'Sport Rims' too? Don't recall those on a Porsche.
Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 DSCN1648
Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 DSCN1650

Classic Tag, though!
Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 DSCN1645
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Don Hall wrote:Stumbled on this one yesterday....Definetly a " WTF was this person thinking?" creation.

One for this thread for sure:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149769&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Although you should probably check all 983 pages before posting to make sure it will not be a re-post, or prepare for the abuse to start flying Wink
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 pm

DiscoSquirrel wrote:
Don Hall wrote:Stumbled on this one yesterday....Definetly a " WTF was this person thinking?" creation.

One for this thread for sure:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149769&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Although you should probably check all 983 pages before posting to make sure it will not be a re-post, or prepare for the abuse to start flying Wink

I wonder if that is welded on like that or just sitting on there. It looks like it could just be a jig built to store/hold the body off the pan for body work without taking up space for both the pan and the body. I could actually use something like that.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Don Hall wrote:I found this last week- was a little puzzeled. I don't recall this body style being so curvey on the rear quarter, and that swooped rear pillar.
Mid/late 70's 'Sport Rims' too? Don't recall those on a Porsche.
Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 DSCN1648
Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 DSCN1650

Classic Tag, though!
Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 DSCN1645

That looks like a regular 914... not sure about the wheels or if they were offered on the 914, but looks very similar to the Lemmertz "baja" sports wheel found on the 1972 special edition marathon beetles.

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:01 pm

Thats what happens when you decide to build a baja while drunk Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:28 pm

I saw a green 74 Westy going down Grayson Hwy, come to think about, it was Scott's. Tried to catch up with it, but that Porsche motor in the Bus left me behind
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Grifspop wrote:I saw a green 74 Westy going down Grayson Hwy, come to think about, it was Scott's. Tried to catch up with it, but that Porsche motor in the Bus left me behind
That's right, I will wear your ass out...........................downhill.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:01 pm

That, and I got stuck at a light
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Saw a white Beetle down in Winder this afternoon. It looked alot like this one:

Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead. - Page 11 Dsc0332resized

On second thought, it was that one............ lol!
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:11 am

spotted a nice blue 914 in someones yard off of memorial today- looks like it had been sitting for a while.

Also saw a white 69 or 70 in another backyard that looked like it was slowly returning to the earth
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:06 am

WOW I-20w between evensmill rd & panola, 2 VW bus and a bug with south Carolina plates. The one bus was a tan westy they other a 11window yellow & white. The bug was black and it was clean. Looks like these guys are getting a jump on the road to winter jam.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next