Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My son's Bug to be used in Fast - Furious 5 (how sweet is that!)

+6
Bugman114
callahan
bakertim2
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
BKiller
Ruptured Duck
10 posters

Go down

My son's Bug to be used in Fast - Furious 5 (how sweet is that!) Empty My son's Bug to be used in Fast - Furious 5 (how sweet is that!)

Post by Ruptured Duck Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:52 am

Well as the saying goes, "It's not what you know but who you know!"....

My son's Bug will be used as an extra in the new Fast - Furious 5 film that is being filmed out in Conyers...! cheers
The film is set in Brazil so I guess the Bug makes sense. From what I understand two other VW's will be used but both look traditional.

We drop it off this Tuesday and pick it back up Friday.. The best part/ if they don't wreck it/ is that we get $750. Wink

SWEET!
Ruptured Duck
Ruptured Duck
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

My son's Bug to be used in Fast - Furious 5 (how sweet is that!) Empty Re: My son's Bug to be used in Fast - Furious 5 (how sweet is that!)

Post by BKiller Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:16 am

That's cool.
If it is set in Brazil, you would think they would want a brazilian only car like an SP2! Very Happy
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

My son's Bug to be used in Fast - Furious 5 (how sweet is that!) Empty Re: My son's Bug to be used in Fast - Furious 5 (how sweet is that!)

Post by Ruptured Duck Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:49 am

BKiller wrote:That's cool.
If it is set in Brazil, you would think they would want a brazilian only car like an SP2! Very Happy

Good point... I do have an image of your SP2 on my BlackBerry.... Very Happy

Shoot me your full cantact info (PM). I'll need it ASAP. Might be to late but worth a shot.
Ruptured Duck
Ruptured Duck
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Very cool!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:49 pm

That is pretty sweet.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:53 pm

i am just green with jealous rage right now
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:58 pm

are you sure they aren't looking for a shitbox looking bug like mine Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Bugman114 wrote:are you sure they aren't looking for a shitbox looking bug like mine Laughing

I might be able to top your "look" Rolling Eyes It would be a close competition!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 68buggirrl Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:39 pm

thats awesome!
68buggirrl
68buggirrl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2010-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/bimmergirrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Don Hall wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:are you sure they aren't looking for a shitbox looking bug like mine Laughing

I might be able to top your "look" Rolling Eyes It would be a close competition!

PM about to be sent, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruptured Duck Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:35 am

I know my son's bug is not the greatest ... And I'm just happy to get the chance.. There are a lot, and I mean a LOT of cooler and better looking VW's in this town.. Like I said, I just happen to know the right guy.

We drop it off today at 3:00 ....... I'm going to leave a note inside explaining how cool it would be for my 16 year old son to have some autographs signed on the glove box... Want happen but worth the effort.

Last edited by Ruptured Duck on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Ruptured Duck
Ruptured Duck
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:26 am

Are they still shooting in ATL?
It would be cool to see the filming...
If your friend needed a cool RHD Japaneese Beetle, I would let them use mine Gratis...
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruptured Duck Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Well... Went down last night with my son to watch filming.... 10 hrs of filming a 60 sec. clip from 5 different angles. Good chance it will make it into the movie from what I could see. Then there is the editing room floor... So you never know.

His bug was parked next to Herrell's sweet slit window bug that was featured in Hot VW. Still funny to think this little bug was dead 18 months ago and not looking like it would be back on its wheels "ever"..

And we just got word that we may have to come back for some re-shoots.
Might be able to recover my meager investment if it keeps going at this pace.
Ruptured Duck
Ruptured Duck
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by 70VWKG Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:14 pm

sweet!!!
70VWKG
70VWKG
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 68buggirrl Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:54 am

thats awesome!!
68buggirrl
68buggirrl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2010-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/bimmergirrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down