Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a place to buy VW parts locally? Marietta

+2
zabo
vwgirl
6 posters

Go down

Is there a place to buy VW parts locally? Marietta Empty Is there a place to buy VW parts locally? Marietta

Post by vwgirl Sat May 08, 2010 9:35 am

When I lived in FL I had tons of places to get VW parts from. Even had a place that would deliver them to me. In Chattanooga I had a couple of decent places, but not as great as FL. Now here... I just have that same FL shop ship stuff to me. It is cheaper and fairly quick, but still a little inconvenient. I have gotten parts from Marietta Foreign Auto before but after yesterdays experience I am too fed up with their overcharging and not keeping basic things in stock to deal with them anymore. I had some fairly simple items that I wanted to get: for the 78 westy, cap, plugs, rotor, points, condenser, and then also wanted to get a fuel pressure regulator and temp sensor II. Well, for the first part of that they wanted $48... plugs were $4 each! These are standard Bosch plugs whose list price is $3. Then for the Fuel pressure regulator they had to order it and wanted over $100. For the Temp sensor II they said it was discontinued in 2008 and they cannot get it anymore. For my fastback I wanted the same basic tune up stuff, but they didn't even have their $4 plugs in stock. The regular auto parts places don't really carry bosch and that is pretty much all I use. So I called the place in FL to have all these sent to me... the same spark plugs there are only $1.50 and everything shipped only $175... I saved at least $50 by having them ship it rather than get it from marietta foreign. I love my old parts store but would like to find a local place thats not in it to rip you off. Some place that is semi knowledgeable about what they are doing and can get parts relatively quickly (that FPR is coming direct from Bosch as is my temp sensor II which is why my package won't ship til monday... I ordered it 4pm on Fri). I'd buy some plugs today if I could find a place that charges list price or less to get them from. I would like to put my bus back together now and make sure it is running right before I leave friday morning.

So where do you buy parts around here?

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Is there a place to buy VW parts locally? Marietta Empty Re: Is there a place to buy VW parts locally? Marietta

Post by zabo Sat May 08, 2010 10:03 am

Import Services & Restoration
1624 Atlanta Road Southeast, Marietta, GA – (770) 434-4093‎

Myco Imported Parts
Scottdale/Decatur, Ga
http://www.mycoimportedparts.com/

Baker Imports
http://bakerimports.com/
8611 Roswell Road
Atlanta, GA 30350
or
2055 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30324

Last edited by zabo on Sat May 08, 2010 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Is there a place to buy VW parts locally? Marietta Empty Re: Is there a place to buy VW parts locally? Marietta

Post by vwgirl Sat May 08, 2010 10:08 am

So these guys are more reputable? have you used them?

BTW, the first time i clicked on your first link I got a popup about malware and it went to a different webpage that started to install crap on my laptop...

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sat May 08, 2010 10:12 am

aghh site got hacked-Evil or Very Mad -got it fixed - everythings good now!

have experience with mycos and baker-both good places

Last edited by zabo on Sun May 09, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Sat May 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Those aren't exactly close to me... I called the other and they are closed on the weekends Sad

Anybody got some plugs I can borrow until mine come in? lol I don't want to be pressed for time to get them installed!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Sat May 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Foreign Auto Parts of Marietta

Talk to Steve
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Sat May 08, 2010 11:22 pm

votwing wrote:Foreign Auto Parts of Marietta

Talk to Steve

^what he said, Steve will take care of you!^
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Sun May 09, 2010 8:54 am

i always run a ngk plug and most parts stores carry them
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Sun May 09, 2010 10:04 am

59 Euro Rag wrote:
votwing wrote:Foreign Auto Parts of Marietta

Talk to Steve

^what he said, Steve will take care of you!^

I think Steve is who I always dealt with previously (I've bought stuff there a few times aside from trying on Friday)... I usually called in advance and he would get the stuff ready for me. He seemed to be the only one that knew what some parts were... BUT... are you telling me that they have different prices and availability depending on who you talk to? I mean really, why would I want to pay $4 for a spark plug that lists for $3 and I can have shipped to me for $1.50? That is a savings of $10 on one set of spark plugs... not to mention I was buying a set for another vehicle and a bunch of other stuff too. I understand that there is going to be mark up on their parts and that they need to make money... but so does the parts store in FL that is sending me the parts.

Perhaps before I just didn't pay attention to the price because I needed the stuff (I do now too, but not having everything in stock made me have to shop around)... but including shipping from FL I saved myself at least $50 on my $170 parts order from FL, and they had everything in stock except what they had overnighted from bosch.

So does Steve give better prices and know how to get stuff that the other guys say has been discontinued for over two years?

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Sun May 09, 2010 9:13 pm

You have a serious problem vwgirl. Almost everything you have to say is nothing but negative! You need to support your local business owners as much as possible. Have you ever thought about being loyal to a store and they just might discount it a little more. Answer to your question about different prices for different people, yes they do. I sold import parts from a company (Impart Inc. ) located in Austell Ga. and we had 4 levels of pricing. If you were a prick level 1 (list) or if you buy a lot and good customer level 4 Garage price. WOW go figure. (Example) Tim needed wheel bearings for Kyles vw and called them, they had them INSTOCK so he went after them. If it was from Fla. days would have had passed. The price he was told was good but upon arriving he discovered he was $5.00 short. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?....... Steve let him have them for what he had in his pocket. Thats what we call taking care of each others back. The local scene can only get better if we support out local businesses. Have I ever bought stuff from Florida or Cal. yea, but only if the local guys could not get it for me. Not to mention if something is wrong with it and is all you have to do is drive to them and get it corrected. I have heard but negativity from many of your comments.
Im not trying to be rude but hey, think positive.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Sun May 09, 2010 10:05 pm

quote="vwgirl"Perhaps before I just didn't pay attention to the price

Maybe its your charming personality........................ Rolling Eyes

or your know-it-all comments.......................... Suspect
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Sun May 09, 2010 11:30 pm

What is there to think positive about a local parts place trying to rip me off? Perhaps I am use to parts places that actually want my business and know me by name. The place in fl is a local parts place. I bought parts from them for more than a decade before I moved up here. They treat me right and I was a loyal customer who spent thousands of dollars a year there and referred lots of business. I even helped one of the guys fix his hot tub when I had the capability and know how to do so. Ive even referred customers to them since ive moved. When I call and say "hey this is lauren" im greeted back with "hey howve you been, hows married life, hows marietta?" Im one of the most loyal people youll ever meet and defend you to the end if I think youre in the right... However i will also be one of the first to call you out,if I think youre in the wrong. Im sorry if you dont like my open honesty or opinions. Clearly you are quite judgemental and easily jump to conclusions, based on your opinions of me. When have we met, or held a conversation?

If I didnt support the local places then why did I go to marietta foreign FIRST? Id never seen that guy before, perhaps he was new... I gave him an opportunity to correct the price when I initially questioned it, but they didnt have most of the stuff in stock, didnt know when they would get it in stock, and could not get some of it at all. Im sorry if this is your definition of good customer service, its certainly not mine.
Until friday, marietta foreign auto was my first call. Ive been here six months and have been there half a dozen times... I did not even know of another parts place and didnt have a reason to. That guy gave me a reason so i took my $ elsewhere.
Ill talk to steve if thats what it takes. I forgot I usually had to talk to him to get what i needed. the attitude from some people on this forum certainly doesnt help! Thanks to those of you that genuinely tried to help, it is much appreciated

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Mon May 10, 2010 5:57 am

id call lindy or clyde at least they are also local an if you get a bad part they will make it good one reason you are also saving money buying from Fl is when you buy from out of state you dont have to pay sales tax if they do it thatway
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Mon May 10, 2010 7:37 am

I still pay sales tax in fl... At least from this place. They are just a local parts place close to my house there that will go the extra mile and ship my parts to me here. They do not have a website where I order online or anything.

Ive bought parts from lindy before too, but at almost an hour away he isnt exactly close either. I live in marietta almost in powder springs/ austell. Tims is over here and ive bought stuff from him too. Problem with that is he only takes cash/ check and I dont carry either. I dont generally think about shops when I think about ordering parts for some reason.

Who is clyde?

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Mon May 10, 2010 8:17 am

clyde is a scat dealer fromathens i go there a good bit him an lindy can get you stuff next day or its an hour drive if tim takes cash or checks he has the parts just stop at a ATM like every one has said local and will make it good if somthing is wrong your going to do what ever you want an none of us can ever seam to be right to help you so i dont even no why we try. crap starting to sound like samba again affraid
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Mon May 10, 2010 9:02 am

It is starting to sound like the samba because you all are starting to give off attitude like the samba... it is what you make it. Obviously if I knew everything I wouldn't have asked your opinion now would I? You seem to like to give me attitude and expect that I should just take it and not dish it back. Is that how it is supposed to work? Sorry i was not informed it was a one way street I was on.

It seems you have made an opinion not only of me, but also of the place in FL I deal with too... assuming they give me a better deal by not charging me tax and that they won't make good on a purchase if it is bad. I have never had a bad experience with them and they have always made good. I can share experiences if you cared.

Of course I will do whatever it is that I decide I am going to do. Is that not what everybody does? All of your anger seems to stem from the thread in which I said a rabbit truck is a rabbit truck and not a caddy. I am not going to conform and call something by an improper name, no, but if you want to then go ahead. Sorry I questioned why you would do such a thing... it was a valid question. I do not understand why that is on this particular vehicle and no other, but rather than attempt to answer the question you attack me on it telling me I am wrong and you can call it whatever you want. True, this is a free country, and that is why you all are starting to sound like the samba. Don't get so defensive.

It is funny how you actually (well some of you) responded with helpful insight about where you went... some of you just had smart remarks, and then some of you combined the two. Does this make you feel better to respond but with attitude? Really, how would you feel if the tables were turned? I know some of you, (or maybe most of you?) can dish it out but you can't take it back... Is it really being helpful if it comes at a price? If you treat me with respect I will treat you the same. As I said before... I am one of the most loyal people you will ever meet and I would do anything for the people I care about.

You do realize the couple of times that I have come to hang out with you guys that it costs me about $200 in lost wages to do so? I didn't think so. I have to request off work on my busiest day, Saturday, to do so. I've done that twice now... just to meet and hang out with you guys. It was worth it for the few of you that are actually respectable... the ones that I had some nice conversations with, you know who you are. But hey, if you would rather I not come out, then that's more time and money I have to spend on my VW's. If you'd rather I not post local questions in a local forum... fine. Just don't expect me to offer you any help either. I can just wave as I pass you by broken down on the side of the road. Or just laugh when you ask for help that I am fully capable of helping you with. That's what this forum is all about right? I didn't think so, but let me know if I am wrong.

In case you got confused, the Golden Rule is "do unto others what you would be like to be done to you." Not Benny Hill's version "Do unto others, then run" which seems to be this forums Golden Rule.

With that being said I have homework to do, so that I can graduate in September, and need to get done so I can go work on my bus, fastback, beetle and thing.

Hope you all have a great day

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Mon May 10, 2010 9:27 am

sorry if you thought i was busting on the people from Fl but you dont have to pay sales tax on a out of state mail order sale an if a part was bad you would have to mail it back then they will send another so that would be another 2 days when local you might have to drive an hour but you want have to wait 48 thats all i was saying im sorry if i hurt your feelings

Last edited by DOODLE BUGG on Mon May 10, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Mon May 10, 2010 9:30 am

VWGIRL
Try Impart Inc. They are just minutes from you and by far the closest. There address is 1731 Veterans Memorial Highway. Austell
# is 770-948-8353.
Talk to Brian, Michael, Roy, or Donnie. It is a family business and has been in business since the 70's. I am not trying to be a smart a** but I hear a lot of bad vibes from you.
On the note of buying from your friends in Fla. They shouldnt be charging you sales tax for out of state sales.
You must have not dealt with Steve. He is the owner and I have known him for 25+ years. He will go out of his way to make the sale.
But anywho...............

Im sorry you had a bad experience with them but call and talk to Steve Beaver and tell him I told you to call that he was the man and could fix you up.

Eric Knotts
Votwing
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Mon May 10, 2010 9:45 am

Thanks Eric & Doodlebug. I guess I will have to check and see about the sales tax thing. They don't generally do business out of FL, so I don't know if they know or have a way to do so? I have been charged sales tax on other mail orders though through other companies... I am not certain of the legalities of when to and not to charge sales tax. I think it has to do with how the business is set up. I don't care about paying sales tax, they mail it as a courtesy to me, it's just not what they normally do.
I will make sure to deal with Steve from now on. Like I said... I have dealt with him plenty of times before and he seemed like a nice guy. He probably gave me a better deal on the parts too which is why it didn't seem like so much cause it wasn't!
I had no idea there was a parts place in austell. I work in austell. That is what this whole thread was supposed to be about.

I may send off some bad vibes, but not nearly as many as I receive. Send more good vibes my way and I will send them back to you.

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Mon May 10, 2010 9:59 pm

What part of Austell do you work in?
Impart would work out for you. You could run there during lunch. Its a very large green building on your right if your coming from Austell. Good luck!!!
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Tue May 11, 2010 7:40 am

On East west conn and austell rd... I live 3 miles from there... I don't really even know where austell is... I've been here all of 6 months now... driving 3 miles each way on a back road doesn't help me much! I have to go to buckhead today though... been there a few times, couldn't tell you where it is at either... thank god for GPS!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 am

Take Austell road towards Thorton Rd. When you cross over Veterans memorial hwy in Austell take the very first right, its a ramp that takes you down to VMH. At the light turn right and Impart will be one mile on the right. Hope you find it.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Tue May 11, 2010 6:29 pm

votwing wrote:Take Austell road towards Thorton Rd. When you cross over Veterans memorial hwy in Austell take the very first right, its a ramp that takes you down to VMH. At the light turn right and Impart will be one mile on the right. Hope you find it.

Found it and the guys there are super nice. They didn't have regular Bosch Supers, they had Super plus... never used those before, but will give them a try. Don't know that they are really any closer than foreign auto, granted I did get stuck waiting for a train and went the long way home and I didn't drive from home to there. Will definitely be back and probably end up setting up an account there when I graduate in September and start buying lots of parts again. They said if they didn't have something in stock they could have it next day! Sounds just like my old hometown parts place!

Thanks for helping me find this place!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down