Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Considering a Rabbit

3 posters

Go down

Considering a Rabbit Empty Considering a Rabbit

Post by tito Sat May 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Mk1. 1982.

dude wants my motorcycle. i hate riding it in comparison to my vw's. it needs a little ork but hey, its 28 years old. 2.0l engine, boost tuned (supercharger not included), and a bunch of other go fast bits. thing is, i could care less about the go fast bits. but im having trouble getting my 59 insured b/c it'd be my primary and insurance companies don't like that. i only had my 60 insured b/c my account was begun when i had my 02 jetta (which i sold). what do you guys think?
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Considering a Rabbit Empty Re: Considering a Rabbit

Post by Cambur Sat May 01, 2010 6:49 pm

I have not had the chance to really drive my rabbit, only in my subdivision and in the yard. but it is still fun to drive! not as fun as the oval by any means but still very enjoyable.

seeing as i haven't registered mine yet either, i have no clue as to cost or ability of registering a mk1 but i would imagine it would be quite simple/Cheap...

Hope this helps
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Sat May 01, 2010 8:20 pm

I've never had any troubles insuring any vehicle except maybe my grey market mexi... but that's just cause it's an import... you shouldn't have any problems unless you are trying to pass your daily driver off as an antique vehicle so that you can pay the "barely ever driven so not much of a risk" rates... so long as you are insuring it as a daily driver like it is, there should be no issues... over the years I have used state farm, all state and progressive to insure my daily driver vehicles... Grundy & state farm insure my non daily driver antique vehicles, but I do have to show that I have a daily driver.

As far as a rabbit for a daily driver... I had two different diesel rabbits that I used for years as daily drivers, they were great dependable cars, only thing I ever had go wrong was the injection pump... on both of them. Also had two cabriolets as daily drivers... fuel pump relays went out on both of them but otherwise reliable even at 200k! great cars for sure!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Sun May 02, 2010 12:04 am

the car only has 14k miles on a rebuilt motor. ill try an actual insurance agent on monday as opposed to the interwebz. maybe i can have better luck? i think ill still go ahead w/ the trade, however. im not into my bike as much as i thought id be. i bought it to help out a lady at work and i figured it be a fun hobby. but it aint. motorcycles are supposed to be a lifestyle choice and it aint my style. i prefer vintage vws for some odd reason. maybe you guys understand?
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 am

didn't realize you were trying to use the web for it... older cars are hard to find insurance on the web, even if the same agent will insure them via phone. pretty sure I had that problem last time I got insurance too.... something to be aware of, state farm offers both regular and classic car insurance. I hated them the first time i had them as the agent I had screwed some things up... and actually I have had a few bad agents, but the agent I have now is great and they have insured my Thing before and my Camper... the camper is insured as a classic, the rates are slightly higher than what I pay for my thing, super beetle and mexi beetle with grundy, but grundy wouldn't insure a camper because I might camp in it! Haggerty was the same way.

State farm has been excellent the past 3 years. They are closed on the weekends (all state farm are so far as I know) and my agent isn't local, but they would probably insure you too. One thing they won't do though is switch your car from a daily use vehicle to a classic... once its registered as daily driver there is no going back... They do have some crazy rules... but then again, so does the state of GA!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down