Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+61
adams77
skunk
BKiller
fried_chicken
garomy
camch
mroberts
70VWKG
Hobug
Heinz57
sploval53
56rag
MellowMidget
Joe
65type2dailydriver
vwgirl
overspray
cavediver520
callahan
71Ghia
GhiaDD
vw57drvr
ShadetreeSHOguy
Cambur
57RTOval
tito
Muffler Bearing
smash
ladybugg
VW Chick
ASBug
vwovalchild
DiggerD
68buggirrl
buggin70
ibjamn
Johnny
ponycar25
peregrine67
DOODLE BUGG
drewBAKER
bakertim2
Goped406
zabo
39coupe
VW12step
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
aircooledaddicts
cylops80
bumblebuggy
meinvw
Grifspop
69panel
vwtattooed
Uglybug
Damn-it Don
fluxcap
56HAVOC
rpm750
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
65 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Damn-it Don Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:15 am

Yup- same engine set up as before- 1776 with double dells. Put on the angled oil filler- (no more spills!) and redid the wiring to the alt. with correct colors, and soldered any connections there too. Just got new heads and replaced one piston/barrell. Still planning (saving) for new carb linkage, exhaust and ratio'd rockers.....could use a bucket of 20's if anybody has one or two just laying around. Very Happy
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by peregrine67 Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 am

buggin70 wrote:then i put in a headliner idea ive had
That's a cool idea. I've been considering a tatami floor for my bus.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by drewBAKER Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:17 pm

got a 12v automatic starter for my car and cranked it for the first time in a week. it feels good to hear her come back to life!
drewBAKER
drewBAKER
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:06 pm

peregrine67 wrote:
buggin70 wrote:then i put in a headliner idea ive had
That's a cool idea. I've been considering a tatami floor for my bus.

thank you i got the idea from 59eurorag
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:50 pm

drewBAKER wrote:got a 12v automatic starter for my car and cranked it for the first time in a week. it feels good to hear her come back to life!

So that means the Golden Girls will be rolling again? Kool keep posting them pictures
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:25 pm

Just got a brand spank me new carter electric fuel pump for tha 72. Its been down the the last couple days, due to the old crappy pump that broke. and since i have an AJ fuel injected case, i can't use a mechanical pump (there is no spot for a mechanical pump). so anyhoo, everyone on thesamba seems to say that this is the best pump for the money (only cost $70), just under a holley blue pump, with low pressure regulator (about $200 total). Facet pumps (those quare ones) are said to be crap, and i've had one crap out on me, and the pump i had on the 72 was those fat round ones (gold in color, zinc, i guess?). and this is the second one of those i've had crap out on me. the first one of those, was on the 74 turbo bug, lol Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:05 am

the faset pumps are junk the best i have found are carter cant remember the number but they are rotery they last alot longer then the ones that click
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:31 am

So what's the best pump out there? It seems they all are trash. So what's the best one out there
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:47 am

I will have to look and see which ones I have (both bays are at the shop). They sell them at O'Rileys and they are black. Have used them for quite awhile now on my buses and no issues. 2 different sizes think a 1-4lb and a 4-8lb. About $100 for the pump and a regulator.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:52 am

now from what i hear, the older facet pumps were great. I have one that came with an old generator from 1992, and that thing hasn't stopped working. its great. apperantly the old facet pumps were cheap and lasted forever, and todays facet pumps are cheap and crap out quick. the old one i have is noisy, but works great

and the carter pump i bought is the inline style part number p60504. bought it at summit yesterday. the good thing about this one, is it only puts out 3.5psi, so no need for a regulator.

Also, i know the ones you are talking about meinvw. i believe mr.gasket makes them. we have them at advance auto as well. and are you talking about those chrome regulators, that have the big dial on them? if so, I've had several friends who've had thos epumps go out, and we get them back all the time at advance. those regulators always seem to leak from underneath the dial (cheap gaskets i guess). but the older ones are supposed to be a lot better, the ones they sell today just seem to crap out really quick. for example, about half of the people who buys those pumps, come back with in a month to return them defective. I know, because i'm the one who sorts out, and sends back all defective parts Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:26 pm

oh, and i hear the new holly pumps are good, but noisy, but the regulator that comes with the blue pump sticks.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:29 pm

the "cheap" Mr. Gasket ones are sufficient if used properly. almost all electric pumps are designed to push fuel, not pull it. they should be mounted just below the tank and in a spot that has sufficient air flow. i've used several of these on different cars in this location and had no problems. they also need a good fused power supply and a PROPER ground...good clean metal that is grounded itself( panhead)!
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by camch Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 pm

yeah I have seen some weird places where people ground there pumps,,I cant beleive alot of them are even running
camch
camch
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://yubuggin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:00 pm

camch wrote:yeah I have seen some weird places where people ground there pumps,,I cant beleive alot of them are even running
Laughing , true. The pump that failed on my 72 was grounded to the bolt that held the bracket in place. but the bolt was crazy loose. the only real thing holding the pump to the car were the fuel lines Laughing . anyhoo, i've got it grounded much better now.

Anyhoo, i got the pump in, and its running great. took it for a spin around the block, and it seems to have a lot more power. i'm thinkin the old pump wasn't providing enough power, as it tended to miss at higher RPM's, now its smooth thru out all RPM's.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:58 pm

got a new windshield put in the squareback today! Very Happy a few more interior pieces and another brake bleeding and it'll be on the road!
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by aircooledaddicts Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:37 pm

Installed the Topline camber+ kit and caster swaybar bushing. Then had the front end aligned
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:10 pm

aircooledaddicts wrote:Installed the Topline camber+ kit and caster swaybar bushing. Then had the front end aligned

Who did your alignment? Did they do the front and the back?

Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by aircooledaddicts Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Grifspop wrote:

Who did your alignment? Did they do the front and the back?

We have a place down the street from us we use. They did just the front
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:57 pm

Pulled the tank and found the fuel line was split wide open. AutoZone wanted $4.00 a foot fuel line some blue lined stuff. I said no thanks. I will swing by IMPART Inc. tomorrow and pick up the good braided stuff. Install on Thursday then to the rear to drop it more.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:04 pm

votwing wrote:Pulled the tank and found the fuel line was split wide open. AutoZone wanted $4.00 a foot fuel line some blue lined stuff. I said no thanks. I will swing by IMPART Inc. tomorrow and pick up the good braided stuff. Install on Thursday then to the rear to drop it more.

ill still help u do that
if im not at the shop
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:52 pm

put the rebuilt engine back in the oval then tried some new shoes on the thing!

Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:14 am

Brought Old Yeller home from Sarge's. Seems to be running GREAT! Need to fix a taillight/brakelight before I hit the road.
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:49 am

Don Hall wrote:Brought Old Yeller home from Sarge's. Seems to be running GREAT! Need to fix a taillight/brakelight before I hit the road.
Thad greatniw do you take it off the life support bottle of Lucas oil lol!!!! Just saw that picture with the I V bottle
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:10 am

Didn't need it this time- it was heart surgery!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Got the front end alignment on the '67, yesterday put on the back bumper and the back up lights
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next