Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+61
adams77
skunk
BKiller
fried_chicken
garomy
camch
mroberts
70VWKG
Hobug
Heinz57
sploval53
56rag
MellowMidget
Joe
65type2dailydriver
vwgirl
overspray
cavediver520
callahan
71Ghia
GhiaDD
vw57drvr
ShadetreeSHOguy
Cambur
57RTOval
tito
Muffler Bearing
smash
ladybugg
VW Chick
ASBug
vwovalchild
DiggerD
68buggirrl
buggin70
ibjamn
Johnny
ponycar25
peregrine67
DOODLE BUGG
drewBAKER
bakertim2
Goped406
zabo
39coupe
VW12step
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
aircooledaddicts
cylops80
bumblebuggy
meinvw
Grifspop
69panel
vwtattooed
Uglybug
Damn-it Don
fluxcap
56HAVOC
rpm750
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
65 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Looked at Frida and all the other projects I could/should be working on......then went and played basketball Very Happy

May try to revive a complete 40 horse that I have sitting in the garage tomorrow. It has been sitting for years....hey maybe it might even run....I really need another engine so I can pull Jades and do a few things to it....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 56HAVOC Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Looked at Frida and all the other projects I could/should be working on......then went and played basketball Very Happy

May try to revive a complete 40 horse that I have sitting in the garage tomorrow. It has been sitting for years....hey maybe it might even run....I really need another engine so I can pull Jades and do a few things to it....

yeah today was nice for some sports. I went over to the high school to watch some socore. Then walk home. Haven't did that in a while
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Speaking of sports, Tyler had a golf tourney this afternoon with his school's golf team. Came in 2nd!! cheers
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Tylertee
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:34 pm

wow that's kool man. How long he's been playing man I love that game too
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm

I finally got the gumption up to make some door panels for Oscar, so, I now have a door panel and working inside door handle but only the drivers door so far.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:52 pm

well today i went down to stockornaut to pick up some bolt together rockershafts with 1.25 rocker arms, with swivel foot adjusters on the pushrod side. anyhoo, about half way there, the motor started smoking oil bad. i thought it must have been the valve cover gaskets. so i meep going and the oil light started flickering. shut it down, and rolled over to the side of the highway. out of oil. filled it up, and made it to stockornaut. bought the rocker arm assemblies, and a set of valve cover gaskets. used a bunch of brake cleaner, and got all the oil off. replaced the VC gaskets, and filled the oil up again. started down the highway, and 15 mins later oil light was flickering again. DAMNIT Mad . got out, added the last quart i had. rushed over to the hearest advance auto, and bought 10 quarts of 50W racing oil. by the time i got home (1 hour later), i had used all 10 quarts. i have no idea where its leaking from. all i know is that it seems like both valve covers are leaking, as both heater boxes were covered with oil, as well as the valve covers (i cleaned the motor off with brake cleaner, and it got dirty again). looks like the next step is to just pull the motor and see whats going on. i need to replace the exhaust gaskets anyway, as they started leaking again. i also lost my friggin oil cap. i had to add oil every 15 mins down the highway, and forgot to screw it back on. so if anyone finds a black EMPI oil cap somewhere off 285, its mine Laughing lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 pm

56HAVOC wrote:wow that's kool man. How long he's been playing man I love that game too

He has been playing since he was about 6 or 7 now.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Stay with it I learn very young and if I say so myself Damm I'm good and it's a great stress reliever. Just got to learn how to stop gambling.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Got all the wheel wells scrapped and resprayed with under coating. Looks a lot better. I figured I better do those before I paint it. Also painted one of the door handles. It looks great. More sanding tomorrow.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:23 am

Bugman114 wrote:by the time i got home (1 hour later), i had used all 10 quarts.

i didnt see your oil cap but i did see a few black gooey pigeons hanging out next to that 10 car pile up. Shocked
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:08 am

Sure those weren't short, fat vultures?
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:10 am

Don Hall wrote:Sure those weren't short, fat vultures?

They were empi brand, so pigeons dressed up to look like vultures.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:53 pm

lol.

well i found out what the oil problem was. i decided to pull the motor. i changed the VC gaskets and while i had the motor tilted, they started leaking. WTF??? turns out, the bail had gotten really weak, so much so, that i was able to snap the bails on by hand, lol. i changed out the bails, and had to use a friggin pry bar to get them on, lol. i tell ya, i learn something new everyday. polly because something new breaks everyday Laughing .

i guess i changed the wrong exhaust gasket as well, as it still farts down the road, but i stopped giving a shit about the annoying farting exhaust today, so i'm just gonna roll it till the damn thing dies (or untill i get my 72 back on the road Twisted Evil )
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ibjamn Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:43 pm

I actually got to do some minor work on mine today.......
I replaced all of the exterior bulbs.... Inspected the problems with the shifter linkages..... Found most of issues that are causing the brake failures....

And of course, I added more things to my long list of items that need to be replaced or fixed in the future. Found more spots where parts should have been. The more I poked around the more my heart sank, but what do you expect from a 43 year old beast where the previous owners were all dumb-a**es. Evil or Very Mad

I gotta admit though, something brought a smile to face. I haven't started the bug in a little over 2 weeks until today. I got in, put the key into the switch and was about to put my foot into position like I was going to have to pump a little gas to help it fire up.... but didn't even touch the pedal. That sucker turned over and immediately fired right up. Hell, my Honda doesn't crank up as quick as this thing did today. Very Happy And more good news -as of yet, no oil spotting where it has been sitting cheers

ibjamn
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 pm

I drove the tires off of it today. Almost litterly. I found the front tires are badly worn on the inside. I can't drive anymore til I replace them. I can almost see the air inside them. lol
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:24 pm

That didnt take long!
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:39 pm

Drove out to Clyde's and picked up my front torsion arms with NEW BALL JOINTS! Thanks, Clyde!!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 67joints1

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 67joints2
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Figured out the problem with da bus. The dizzy I was using was from the truck. The condenser wire was 2' long to hook into my old wiring block on the DC. It had dropped down to the pulley and was chaffed and shorting out. Circumcized it and all is good!!!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Drove the Jolly Rancher all over the planet (southern burbs) today.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Glad it was warm enough for you to get it out. Wish it was coming out tomorrow but work first then play time. But we might see you later that night hopfully
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:26 am

pulled the motor out of my 7 bay last night to reseal cause it has a funkey oil leak oil was all in the fan i think its the cooler but im going to have to find a better way that was rough getting out i have heard to pull the motor an trans together but i was trying to save time it didn't save no time
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:36 am

yea trans and motor together is def the way to go with a bay
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Empty The German Look is coming together slowly....Will it be done???

Post by vwovalchild Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:16 am

More sanding today. Body work party today....im sanding, sanding, and more sanding. I will be out by 9am sanding. I bought some paint to do a practice run on the rear fenders that I took off the car. This should be fun. I am hoping all the body work to be done by the end of next week. Then I am hoping to be painting shortly after that.

Still looking for any help with the sanding if anybody has some spare time.

Call me 678-860-4360

B.A.P. is getting close. It is going to be so much fun.

Last edited by votwing on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:40 am

zabo wrote:yea trans and motor together is def the way to go with a bay

I think its more work on a bay to go that route. Just the time it takes to get the axles off the trans you can pull the engine. Then you really need to seperate them anyway to check the main seal and endplay. Getting ready to pull my engine in a few to re-seal as well, should have started yesterday but not looking forward to it so playing on here, need to bite the bullet and get to work!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cylops80 Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:24 am

going to try and get her running today, put the drop spindels I got from stockornaught, thanks Alex. Wanted to cruise today but looks like I will bring her to the cartersville cruise in
cylops80
cylops80
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next