Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wings and Wheels Car Show, Warner Robins GA Oct. 11 2008

+3
BetCBug
59suicide
dlandvw3
7 posters

Go down

Wings and Wheels Car Show, Warner Robins GA Oct. 11 2008 Empty Wings and Wheels Car Show, Warner Robins GA Oct. 11 2008

Post by dlandvw3 Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:30 pm

I thought I'd start it's own topic, because it is a huge show, and I'd love to get some VW's in it. Last year there were close to 300 cars entered in this thing, only 4 VW's, and a Ghia won one of the awards. Not bad for just 4 VW's there. I'd love to see a huge turnout this year for it. We'd have to get there early to get all the cars parked together at the same place. I am offering a place to sleep the night before for those that would want to come down. I have room between a front yard, back yard, for about 10-15 cars easy, and I have an entire floor in my Pool Table Room, and an entire sun room floor for anyone wanting to bring a sleeping bag or something and not have to pay for a hotel room. We could do a dinner, grill out, shoot some pool, BYOB, but I do have a Bar setup in the pool table, just nothing to go in it.

I think it's a great event every year, and it's a fun time for the family. I have an 8 year old, 2 year old and 3 month old, so my house is very kid friendly, and so is the event. My wife even ok'd a bunch of VW driving strangers to sleep on the floor if needed.

Here's the website for the event, and let me know if anyone wants to come and I'll start planning a BBQ/Cook out for the night before.

http://www.rutherfordtrophies.com/wingsandwheels/hub.htm

They do a poker run the Friday night before. It starts at 6:30PM, and ends at Hooters and Steak and Shake in WR. It's a short drive, but it's a freaking blast to do with a bunch of old cars taking over the road on the way there. Maybe some of you would be interested in that too. 50/50 drawing for the fun run last year was almost 100 bucks, but I didn't win it.
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Wings and Wheels Car Show, Warner Robins GA Oct. 11 2008 Empty Re: Wings and Wheels Car Show, Warner Robins GA Oct. 11 2008

Post by 59suicide Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Im moving to warner robins next year sometime, hows the cruisin down there?
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Wings and Wheels Car Show, Warner Robins GA Oct. 11 2008 Empty Re: Wings and Wheels Car Show, Warner Robins GA Oct. 11 2008

Post by BetCBug Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:53 am

Hey, this looks like a great time!
BetCBug
BetCBug
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-24

http://www.sagonrv.com

Back to top Go down

Post by camch Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:29 am

who names there car betcbug? lol i bet she is a yankee
camch
camch
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://yubuggin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:47 pm

59suicide wrote:Im moving to warner robins next year sometime, hows the cruisin down there?
It's non-existent right now. I would love to get a club going here, setup monthly meetings, etc, but don't really know where to start. When you moving this way? There's actually probably 30 VW's around this area, but no one's ever had anything organized. Maybe I could change that.
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by BetCBug Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 pm

LOL Mike, you're too funny! This show looks like its mostly Camaros and Mustangs--We'll see about going to the show. Are you going dlandvw3?
BetCBug
BetCBug
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:13 pm

BetCBug wrote:LOL Mike, you're too funny! This show looks like its mostly Camaros and Mustangs--We'll see about going to the show. Are you going dlandvw3?

I usually go. It's usually got about 300 cars, all makes, old, new, etc. It's just a good day out. Sadly this year, I will not be able to attend on the 11th because that's the day we're laying my Mother's ashes to rest in a Monument with my family. She passed away not long before I posted all of this about the Wings and Wheels Show, and that happens to be the weekend we need to be with family.

I will be in Reynolds on the 5th, and I may make an appearance at the Wings and Wheels show, but not with the car. I still think it'd be nice to get some VW representation there. Last year it was just 5 VW's, but one of them managed to take a trophy.
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Major62 Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:54 pm

BetCBug and Dlandvw3 , Have never been to the show but will be there Friday night for the Poker run and Saturday for the show. Should be good with mix of cars - looks like there were 6 or so last year. I am x - Air Force so I know the area well hopefully the weather will be good for the event.

If either of you are there track me down. Thanks for the offer on the stay but already have hotel arrangements at the Holiday.
Major62
Major62
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by BetCBug Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:47 am

We are celebrating my MIL's bday (yippee) Betsy and myself will not be attending. Sad
BetCBug
BetCBug
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by garomy Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Ill be here for the Poker run, it will be a fun time.

Romulo
garomy
garomy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vwfanatic67 Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:16 am

new to site. I have met dlandvw3 at last years cruise in to Backyard Burger before the Reynolds show. Recently moved to Warner Robins. I hope to make the show but that is the weekend of my 30th b-day and I think my fiance has something up her sleeve. Should be a big show. I manage a commercial lawn equipment store and we donated some gift certificates to the show to sponsor.
vwfanatic67
vwfanatic67
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Major62 Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:17 pm

WIngs and Wheels was a good show it was overcast most of the day but it kept the sun from beating down on everyone. THere were over 300 cars ( 6-8 VW's ) other European cars over 60 + trophies were awarded.

There was plenty to do and look at also during the day they had door prizes and plenty of food.

Will consider next year again.
Major62
Major62
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down