Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Installed the powder coated gas tank in java today.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by ASBug Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:06 pm

Bought a 1970 Westy Very Happy

Moved it around in the yard under own power!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Image010 stuck in driveway.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Image011
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Image012
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Image013
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Image014
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Image015

Yea!
KC Very Happy
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Picked up an auto stick starter today so I can fix Java. I am tired of pushing.....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:40 pm

today i spent the majority of the day cleaning up my 74 super. as many of you have seen, i have neglected the car for a while, lol. lots of mildew and stuff. i got the whole car looking pretty good, inside out. took it for a spin, and noticed the brakes werea little off, so i lift the hood, and i immediately noticed something didn't seem right. something about the trunk seemed off. then it occurs to me that the entire inside is black. i had pained the majority of the truck in black primer, but i didn't remember doing the sides. i then realized it was all mildew. it had gotten so bad, that it was a smoothe complete black. pretty crazy. the reason was because i don't have a hood seal, so when it rains the inside gets wet, but i didn't think it was gonna be a problem, as i had taken out the three covers in the spare tire well, the big one up front, and the two smaller ones (super beetle). so i thought any water would simply drain out, but i didn't consider the fact that the constant water would cause mildew to form, kinda like when you don't wash a car for a long time. anyhoo, washed all of that crap out, and all is well. lesson learned, and will prolly spend 2morrow installing the seal, lol!
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Sanded and wire brushed the bus today. When sanding the green paint off the the P/O had put on with a brush the sides revealed:
Thompson Home Furnishings and Clothing. Pretty cool. Appears the ole bus was originally dove blue. Got the drivers door open and got all the wheels sprayed with PB Blaster so they would be ready to come off. I need some used tires that will hold air so I can move this thing around.
I will need complete floor pans up front but all the back ones look good
I will post a few pics as the work continues.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:17 am

The tab on my ignition switch for the starter broke of this morning so I had to hotwire to make it to work, wouldnt feel like a normal day unless I had to do some weird crap to be able to drive to work Laughing
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:17 pm

took apart the ignition switch, nice and gummed up so cleaned it all up and lubed it with some elecric lube. Soldered a 1" peice of wire to replace tab and got it all back together before my lunch was over even had time to test drive right on through checkers drive in... gotta love those fried apple pies pig

lube
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Worked on Jades decklid for a little bit today....Trying to repair the hinge and finish the vents up so I can put a little paint on it
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Robbed the coil off the bus to put on Dorothy. Felt like driving a bug to the Thursday nite meet this week. Cool Did a little horse trading with Gary so now I have another coil to put back on and now I won't need to swap parts when I want to drive one or the other!! Rolling Eyes
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:09 am

DiggerD wrote:Robbed the coil off the bus to put on Dorothy. Felt like driving a bug to the Thursday nite meet this week. Cool Did a little horse trading with Gary so now I have another coil to put back on and now I won't need to swap parts when I want to drive one or the other!! Rolling Eyes

you have some BA dubs especially that bus... Flippin Sweet afro
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:00 pm

59suicide wrote:
DiggerD wrote:Robbed the coil off the bus to put on Dorothy. Felt like driving a bug to the Thursday nite meet this week. Cool Did a little horse trading with Gary so now I have another coil to put back on and now I won't need to swap parts when I want to drive one or the other!! Rolling Eyes

you have some BA dubs especially that bus... Flippin Sweet afro

Thanks,

I can say the same for your dubs as well. I haven't had the chance to check out Toby yet even though he is now somewhat local, but is pretty sweet from what I've seen. And I have been around Jana on several occasions and know how sweet she is!! Cool
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Left it in a dry Garage!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:10 am

rpm750 wrote:Left it in a dry Garage!

AMEN TO THAT BROTHA Laughing
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:13 am

59suicide wrote:
rpm750 wrote:Left it in a dry Garage!

AMEN TO THAT BROTHA Laughing

Drove mine 60+ miles in that cold rain.... What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Icon_twisted
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Bought some new spark plugs while I was out today. I suspect that java plugs are not looking to good.....

Also started welding on the deck lid but didn't get far before my lens in the helmet went out. Tried replacing the batteries still a no go..... So tomorrow I guess I will go to Moms and get the cheap helmet and try to finish the lid so I can start driving jade a little bit.... What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Icon_rolleyes
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:32 pm

I bought a helmet from northern tool, and its works great. its the northern brand, and the fastest one they had (25 thousanths of a second, or something like that). works great, and doesn't use batteries. its solar powered. and activated when you weld. been over a year, and has never failed me yet.

Anyhoo, today i did some more painting on tha bug. the roof is done, and today i also got the rear primered and yellow. i only got the front hood, front quarter panels, and the area between the hood and windshield, in primer, didn't have enough time to get any color on yet. Its gettin there slowly but surely.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:07 am

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Bought some new spark plugs while I was out today. I suspect that java plugs are not looking to good.....

Also started welding on the deck lid but didn't get far before my lens in the helmet went out. Tried replacing the batteries still a no go..... So tomorrow I guess I will go to Moms and get the cheap helmet and try to finish the lid so I can start driving jade a little bit.... What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Icon_rolleyes

How often do you use your helmet? Also the batteries are just the small watch ones? Most of the helmets are solar charged, actually run from the welding. But they need to be charged up before use. If and when we get some sun, put it out facing the sun for about half a day and try it again.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:13 am

meinvw wrote:
Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Bought some new spark plugs while I was out today. I suspect that java plugs are not looking to good.....

How often do you use your helmet? Also the batteries are just the small watch ones? Most of the helmets are solar charged, actually run from the welding. But they need to be charged up before use. If and when we get some sun, put it out facing the sun for about half a day and try it again.

Not too often. It is battery operated. Two AAA.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Went and bought a new helmet at northern tool. Worked great!

Got the hinge back on Jade's decklid but didn't finish the vents up. Went ahead and put it on the car so I can drive it tomorrow....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:32 pm

put in new points now have some major hesitation going on - adjusted valves checked carb- thinking it must be a timing thing.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:19 pm

today i got my new alternator. i had bought one from Orielyies about 4 months ago, and it majorly crapped out. one of the bolts on the back of the alt, that holds the backing plate on, fell out (nut wiggled loose), and destroyed it inside. Tho now i realize, it never really worked like it should from the beginning anyway, lol. but it was an external regulator one. Soo, i turned it in, and exchanged it for an internal regulator one. the one i bought was $71, and they wanted $180 for the internal reg. But since they price matched, and advance auto had the same internal reg. alt for $75. Soo, they price matched it. so long story short, i got the internal regulator alt for $5 more.

Also on the way home i stopped in at ace hardware, and picked up two stainless steel lock nuts, so i won't have to worry about the nut falling off again, lol. got it back together, and it ran great. finished around 7pm ish. but i was in working mood, and also did a little cleaning, cleaned my garage a little, and did some wet sanding on the bug (the areas i did some painting on, lol). looks pretty good. Wet-sanding at 9pm at 47 degrees outside, it a lot more fun then you would think Laughing . but man that roof sure is smoothe as hell now, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Bugman114 wrote: one from Orielyies about 4 months ago.........,
Orielyies = O'Reilly. Worst spelling error of the day award.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:40 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:
Bugman114 wrote: one from Orielyies about 4 months ago.........,
Orielyies = O'Reilly. Worst spelling error of the day award.

Meh, if they don't care enough to make a better quality part, i don't care to spell their name right Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:33 pm

had a couple people come look at Jana today, both said they would go home and think about it. First guy called back and said if I delivered to macon he would take her, I always wanted to go on a long interstate cruise so I dropped her off... got tons of thumbs up on the way there in traffic, she ran great Very Happy. now to seal the deal on a black 66 RHD in japan. Twisted Evil
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:03 am

59suicide wrote:Very Happy. now to seal the deal on a black 66 RHD in japan. Twisted Evil

Congrats and Good Luck
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next