Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parts interchange on Bay Windows???

3 posters

Go down

Parts interchange on Bay Windows??? Empty Parts interchange on Bay Windows???

Post by petervalle Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:21 pm

I found a 78 parts bus, actually it is in a junk yard and the only thing it is missing is the sliding door.
I have a 69 Bay, and I would like to put A/C in it. Not a high priority in my list but I can take everything A/C related for less than $100.
The first thing I looked at was the front and rear overhead console, it "should" fit mine perfect.

Has anyone done this before?????
Is it possible???
I know the main problem would be the A/C compressor location, but if it is like a chevy or ford, I can just make a bracket and get a V-belt.
Any suggestions.

I just installed a 66 bus link pin beam. The 78 has the front disk brakes. How hard it is to adapt this brake parts to mine front/back. I would like to change the wheel pattern on mine later on. What parts do I need to take off.
How about the Dash... 69 and 78 the same?
petervalle
petervalle
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Parts interchange on Bay Windows??? Empty Re: Parts interchange on Bay Windows???

Post by DiggerD Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:12 pm

If it has the spare tire cover that fits in the back corner, I would be interested in buying it from you if you don't need it.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Parts interchange on Bay Windows??? Empty Re: Parts interchange on Bay Windows???

Post by petervalle Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:52 pm

I could not get the hatch open, I could see a lot of parts and random stuff all around. I am planning on going thurs on my pick up and with lots of tools. I will check everything that is serviceable and I will bring it home.
petervalle
petervalle
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:46 am

AC will be a pain, your engine does not have the power to really run one. It can be done but your usually better off with a kit. The ac unit in the 78 is a pain to remove, the lines front to back, and the condensor are the main things. If I were you would look for an under dash unit vs the overhead one, a lot less plumbing!!! I have a few condensors and maybe some fans out back if you need them. Most conversions I have seen, or at least replacement is a Toyota compressor, from what I understand they do not pull as much HP as others.

Not sure on the dash, it will fit, but the 69 vents and controls are different. I think I have a 78 dash as well if you want one already pulled to play with.

And I think the beam bolts up differently 71 on, but can be done, you would need the complete beam to be safe and have everything needed.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:49 am

petervalle wrote:I could not get the hatch open, I could see a lot of parts and random stuff all around. I am planning on going thurs on my pick up and with lots of tools. I will check everything that is serviceable and I will bring it home.

I need all the lights and the passenger door if you can get them. Mainly the side front and back markers, but if the turns/headlights are in good shape spares are always nice!

Decent bumpers are hard to find so a set of those at a good price you could make a few bucks on them.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down