Sandblasting rusted steel wheels??? Who where how

Go down

Sandblasting rusted steel wheels???  Who where how Empty Sandblasting rusted steel wheels??? Who where how

Post by BeetleUser on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Looking to refurb a set of steel wheels. Was thinking sandblast the rust off then repaint with sparkle silver.

Should I Powder coat?

How has a source for any or all of this for the budget constrained Dubber?

BeetleUser
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-01-13

Back to top Go down

Sandblasting rusted steel wheels???  Who where how Empty Re: Sandblasting rusted steel wheels??? Who where how

Post by 60andslow on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 pm

last set i got sandblasted cost me 60 bucks here in town (cartersville) i thought that was fair.
60andslow
60andslow
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Sandblasting rusted steel wheels???  Who where how Empty Re: Sandblasting rusted steel wheels??? Who where how

Post by Grifspop on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:46 pm

I use Miller's Powdercoating to sandblast my steel rims- they charge me $15 each, and blast all the paint off the wheels- front, back, inside where the tires go- I usually paint the inside areas with a brush and black rustoleum, and then do a nice spray paint job on the face of the wheels
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabass on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:14 am

If you're really on a budget you could build a big electrolysis tank to put wheels in, then scrub them with a wire brush and spray paint.
http://forum.georgiadubs.com/t7261-rust-removal-by-electrolysis-revisited-with-detailed-photos-info
Gabass
Gabass
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2013-01-17

https://www.facebook.com/NorthGeorgiaSpeedometer?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:15 pm

Gabass wrote:If you're really on a budget you could build a big electrolysis tank to put wheels in, then scrub them with a wire brush and spray paint.
http://forum.georgiadubs.com/t7261-rust-removal-by-electrolysis-revisited-with-detailed-photos-info
I used to have an electrolysis tank that would be big enough to do a wheel, but it's been gone a long time now. We built it to clean up artillery shells recovered from the Oconee River and Peachtree Creek.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by swelchy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:03 am

Buy the 4 lug set in the classifieds section that are already painted to look like new!
swelchy
swelchy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down