Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel filter and hose question for early Bay

3 posters

Go down

Fuel filter and hose question for early Bay Empty Fuel filter and hose question for early Bay

Post by ultralite Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Once again, I searched Samba and found many opinions, some hysteria and not much actionable information.

My fuel line work continues this weekend. I'd like to move the filter out of the engine Bay and replace the line from the pump to the carburetor. I have new fuel line from Bus Depot, the cloth braided kind. I mainly just want a sanity check from someone who has done this before, and pick up any tips that may be helpful.

I plan to move the fuel filter "outside" around the transmission. Is the driver's or passenger's side more preferable than the other?

Currently, the fuel line between the carburetor and pump goes BEHIND the carburetor. When I run the new one, keep it in the same place?
Fuel filter and hose question for early Bay Image_zps123a8fba

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Fuel filter and hose question for early Bay Empty Re: Fuel filter and hose question for early Bay

Post by fluxcap Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:24 pm

ultralite wrote:
I plan to move the fuel filter "outside" around the transmission. Is the driver's or passenger's side more preferable than the other?
I've got mine on the drivers side since that is the side the fuel line enters the engine compartment, I actually have a little metal bendy tab thing under there that holds the fuel line, and I put the filter right after than metal bendy piece.

I don't think it really matters though so long as you don't have any kinks in the fuel line, and its not rubbing against anything.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Fuel filter and hose question for early Bay Empty Re: Fuel filter and hose question for early Bay

Post by ultralite Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:37 pm

And while I have your attention, got a question on the new line to carburetor connection.
1. The 7.9 FI black hose you see on top is what was connected to the carb. Without the clamp it was very loose.
2. I took an old section of 5mm line and was able to squeeze it on right there but it was very difficult and look how it frayed the cloth. But didn't break the hose from what I could see.
3. So is the 5mm hose supposed to fit on that nipple you see there? I could get it on there with some difficulty but didn't want to force it and have a leak later
Fuel filter and hose question for early Bay Image_zpsdb001c60

ultralite
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by ultralite Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks Eric, that's what I was thinking as I have a little tab there as well

ultralite
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:19 pm

i use 1/4 hoseon progressives
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down