Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Object Lesson I wrote for Bugs4Christ, hope y'all don't mind me sharing it.

+8
Damn-it Don
redneck_davis
earlyvwfanatic
67vdub
Jon65
ASBug
aircooledaddicts
dlandvw3
12 posters

Go down

Object Lesson I wrote for Bugs4Christ, hope y'all don't mind me sharing it. Empty Object Lesson I wrote for Bugs4Christ, hope y'all don't mind me sharing it.

Post by dlandvw3 Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Bugs4Christ Facebook Page
Take a look at this picture.
Object Lesson I wrote for Bugs4Christ, hope y'all don't mind me sharing it. 42688929946032344414920

The middle car, the red one, belongs to one of the kids that comes out to Bugs4Christ. The others also belong to members, but the one in the middle is the one I want everyone to focus on. It's a nice red Bug, it runs, it drives, it functions like it should. It's like most of us, it could use a little work, a little maintenence, but it generally is a good running car that gets you from A to B. The majority of us are just like this red car when it comes to our Christian lives. We do what we're supposed to, we know what needs to be done, and we go to Church to help maintain that, just like the car. It's not perfect, none of us are perfect. It's got some wear and tear, all of us have baggage and wear and tear. None of us started perfect, and none of us will finish perfect, we are what we are and it's up to us to make sure we Thank God EVERY day for the blessings he's given us in our lives.

Object Lesson I wrote for Bugs4Christ, hope y'all don't mind me sharing it. 0303121848

Take a look at the second picture. This is the same red car, but as you can see, it had an accident, it looks destroyed doesn't it? If you saw that car sitting somewhere, you'd think, "Well, that's beyond repair, you might as well scrap that, throw it away, it's no good to anyone!" I know that's what everyone thinks when they see it. Well, I have news for you, there are TONS of people that feel that way about themselves, they feel like, "I've done too much wrong, I'm not worth it, Why would God save me?" There are also people that look at someone and think, "Well, they aren't worth Saving, Why would God want them?" It's sad but true. Here's some more truth: We all struggle, we all stumble, we all make mistakes. I know there were points in my life where I stumbled and fell from my Walk with Christ. I went through years where I questioned, almost didn't believe, times when I thought to myself, "Am I really worth Saving???" The simple answer is yes, no one is beyond saving, no one is beyond repair.

Believe it or not, we didn't scrap that car, we didn't give up on it. We worked together to rebuild that car, we slowly took a piece at a time and repaired, replaced, improved and rebuilt that car. It's still a work in progress, but it's getting there, slowly but surely. If you look at the picture below, that's how the car stands now, as it sits just a few days ago. Hard to believe we turned that wreck into this Bug isn't it? You can clearly tell it's on the right path, it's being fixed as we speak. God can do the same for you, He can help turn you from that wreck into what you want to be, what you know you can be, all you have to do is accept it! God loves us all, he gives us His Grace when we don't deserve it. Remember, look at the picture of that wrecked car and KNOW in your heart, it's not too late, you're never too far gone! With the help of God, family, friends, Church, you can help yourself and you can turn it around!
Object Lesson I wrote for Bugs4Christ, hope y'all don't mind me sharing it. 66458943567489315287212

Here's a link to our Facebook page and I encourage all of you to come by and visit. We meet weekly and it's always a lot of fun. We always have several cars to work on and we're always starting new projects. The teenagers/young adults really learn a lot while we're out there and some days the VW work seems almost secondary, but it's a great time. Please visit the Facebook page too and look through our pictures of weekly meetings, projects, mission trips, etc. And if any of you are interested in having us talk to your church, either on a Sunday or at a Men's Prayer Breakfast, a Youth Meeting, a Staff meeting, etc, please ask, we would LOVE to do it!!!!
Bugs4Christ Facebook Page
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Object Lesson I wrote for Bugs4Christ, hope y'all don't mind me sharing it. Empty Re: Object Lesson I wrote for Bugs4Christ, hope y'all don't mind me sharing it.

Post by aircooledaddicts Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Great story and a great way to use it to tell of Christ love for us. Smile
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Object Lesson I wrote for Bugs4Christ, hope y'all don't mind me sharing it. Empty Re: Object Lesson I wrote for Bugs4Christ, hope y'all don't mind me sharing it.

Post by ASBug Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Nice.
I am glad he wasn't hurt terribly.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Wasn't hurt at all. Hit a Culvert, Culverts are heavy and don't move Very Happy
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Great story. It has an important meaning behind it.

Glad to hear that you all pitched in to keep another old bug on the road. Smile

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by 67vdub Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 am

Could not said it any better my self. So true. Great Cause. Great Story. Walk by faith.
67vdub
67vdub
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 689
Registration date : 2010-03-25

http://<style>.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img

Back to top Go down

Post by earlyvwfanatic Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:46 am

Great story and message!!
earlyvwfanatic
earlyvwfanatic
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by redneck_davis Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 am

Thats awesome
redneck_davis
redneck_davis
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 am

earlyvwfanatic wrote:Great story and message!!

X2!- Keep it up!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by redneck_davis Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:26 am

My brothers a cop in warner robbins. I usually go to harvest chapel w him when i visit. What church are yall out of over there? Might have to meet up next time i go
redneck_davis
redneck_davis
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:09 am

Faith is the way

Back to top Go down

Post by Major62 Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Good write up glad you didnt loose faith in the car or from above.
Major62
Major62
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:56 am

Enjoyed this...
reminds me of Job 33:25
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 68beetlebug Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks, you/ya'll are always an inspiration!!!! I love you The work you do is priceless. XOXOXO, Sonia
68beetlebug
68beetlebug
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-08-26

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1506093814

Back to top Go down

Post by bayboy87 Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:13 pm

we out at bugs have actually been working to finish the one up that is multi color that was giving to the boy who wrecked the red bug and one of the blue bugs is now for sale on craigslist in macon . and the multi color one he trailored it home. they come most weeks. we have many projects going and love having new ppl come by. Al has a baja that is near completion david has a chopped and stretch bug steadily beening finish there all kinds from extremely radical to bone stock from rust buckets to show cars kinda shows how god excepts all of us whether down in the dumps (headed to the scrap yard) or high and mighty (show car status) .
bayboy87
bayboy87
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 pm

For anyone that reads this, we're meeting on Thursday nights now and that may be easier for some of you, especially this week if you're out of work or on vacation. We'll be meeting this Thursday night at 7PM at our shop in Gray.
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down