Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Align bore.....places near McDonough

+2
bumblebuggy
Hookdriver
6 posters

Go down

Align bore.....places near McDonough Empty Align bore.....places near McDonough

Post by Hookdriver Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Hey guys, haven't been on the forum in a while. Trying to get my 1600 put back together. The previous owner of the car slapped a whole mess of silicone around the flywheel seal to try and cover the serious need of a thrustbearing cut. Just curious if anyone knows where to go to get my case align bored near mcdonough? Thanks guys. And i promise to visit the forum more often now. Josh sunny
Hookdriver
Hookdriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Align bore.....places near McDonough Empty Re: Align bore.....places near McDonough

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:54 pm

I'd try IAS in Forest Park. Not sure if they do it but that's where I'd start local. Proflow in Hiram is where I go for all my machine work.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Align bore.....places near McDonough Empty Re: Align bore.....places near McDonough

Post by camch Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Call Steve or valerie
camch
camch
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://yubuggin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookdriver Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Anyone know how much I should expect to pay? Does anyone have a spare serviceable 1600 case they are looking to get rid of? I have a spare single relief case that probably needs a line bore as well. I would rather put dual relief case back in the car if I can. Upon futher inspection I am not even really sure if I the case can really be safely bored. The thrust was thrashed pretty bad on the engine I pulled out. Silicone fixes alot of things....just not flywheel seals. The guy that owned the car before me was not a VW guy and ran it out of oil more than once by the looks of the bearings. Let me know what you guys think. Josh
Hookdriver
Hookdriver
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Hookdriver wrote:Anyone know how much I should expect to pay?

Steve's got some pricing on his website for the services he offers at ProFlow.
http://www.proflowperformance.com/services.html
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:54 pm

It might be worth calling Toby at Dixie Performance to see if he works on VW stuff. He is an awesome V8 guy but not sure if he works on VW cases too? He is a straight up guy that will just tell you SORRY if he doesn't. He won't try to fake it.
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookdriver Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks guys. I stopped by IAS yesterday on my way home from a dr.s appt. My luck had it that they are closed on modays. I will call proflow and ias both. I don't know the guys at proflow.....but from the svcs offered on the website it would appear they know exactly what they are doing. Good thing my tins look like a can of rehydrated poo. Should give me something to do while I get this case sorted.
Hookdriver
Hookdriver
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Hookdriver...........Fireman or Crane Operator?
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookdriver Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:36 pm

I was a chinook pilot in the army. They called us hookers or hook drivers. I met glenn a few years ago when i got home from iraq. Crazy guy in a green bus with an aopa sticker. Pretty cool guy. Had a squareback as well if I remember right. I am out of the army and in henry county for the foreseeable future, if i can get my beetle back on the road I will try to get to some of the meets. Josh
Hookdriver
Hookdriver
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Cool man, yes Glenn is a cool guy. When I grow up I want to be just like him but I have a lot of growing up to do! lol

Welcome to the 58mph lane! And thanks for your service to our country!! It's b/c of fine folks like you that keep us doing this crazy car stuff!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookdriver Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:21 am

Well guys,
I took my case up to proflow on saturday. Awesome folks! Very knowledgable and friendly. They said it would be about a week on turn around time. They also have all of the tin pieces I need. If you need machine work done the folks at proflow can get it done. The only crappy part about the case not coming home until next weekend is that I wont make it to my first club meet. Ohhhhh well there is always next month.
Hookdriver
Hookdriver
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:36 am

You can still come on out. A running vw is not required to hang out, I know Ive showed up a couple times in a Toyota Embarassed
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down