Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Open Letter to a Thief

+5
vwkultur
Laz
peregrine67
68beetlebug
Damn-it Don
9 posters

Go down

An Open Letter to a Thief Empty An Open Letter to a Thief

Post by Damn-it Don Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:28 pm

By now, I have accepted that your actions have created a drastic change in my life,. But I am left to wonder, can the pleasure you feel ever equal the pleasure I experienced building and caring for what you have taken from me?

As I have considered this idea for a few weeks now, I believe the answer, clearly is….No.

I don’t understand, and don’t think I ever will, what sort of ‘satisfaction’ you feel by stealing from others. I know, through all the years I owned my car, that I was very proud of every little accomplishment, new part or any progress I made in rebuilding my car. Even during the many years that she was under major construction, I could look out in my garage, driveway or where ever, and be proud of what I had accomplished through my hard work. I have a multitude friendships that I have made through the two decades I have owned my car. Many of my closest friendships and greatest people I have in my life, I know because of my experiences owning and building that car. You may have my car, but you will never have the decades of friendships and memories that are attached to that car.. You have my property now, and all that I have invested in her, but I truly feel sorry for you. By being a thief, and stealing from others, you will never understand the depth and value that ’Old Yeller” had to me. Nothing can compare to what I experienced all these years, and you cannot ever steal that from me, or anyone else.

I don’t have to own a gun or have to watch my back…..can you say that? I know my friends are wonderful, caring and honest people. All I have do do is better protect myself from people who choose to behaive like you.

I do not believe that life is about the toys we collect, life is about our experiences, and actions of our lives. In time, I can build another car. I know when I do that I will have the support of many, many friends who I can count on, who share interests I have, and would help me to reach the goals I have, and would never try to hurt or steal from me, because we respect each other.

I am angry with you, but as I have thought about this the last few weeks, I’m even more, sorry for you and the shallowness you must have in your life. Can you trust your friends? Do you feel proud when you look around your home or garage and see the things you’ve …….acquired? I know I can. Because I earned those objects, and I would gladly share them with my friends who I know would do the same for me.
Someday, I hope you will understand the overwhelming satisfaction that I feel in my life, and that can’t ever be taken from me. Until that time, I can only hope that you will eventually change, and stop contributing to the hate, unrest and chaos in the world. Until you do, you will never experience peace and satisfaction like the rest of us do. I truly hope someday you can.

Donald Hall
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

An Open Letter to a Thief Empty Re: An Open Letter to a Thief

Post by 68beetlebug Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:58 am

Mad Dirty Bastards.
68beetlebug
68beetlebug
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-08-26

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1506093814

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:08 pm

Very well stated Don.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laz Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Very well said Don. I hope you get to speak these words to that individual in person someday soon as you are reacquiring your property. them you may calmly spit in his eye for all of us.
Laz
Laz
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by vwkultur Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Amen brother! Very Happy
vwkultur
vwkultur
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Kudos to you Don. You have warmed my heart with your words. Just Know, we got your back.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:15 pm

What is the value in a car that you can't show to anyone because it's stolen? You can't take it to a show, a meeting, or a tech day, or ask for help with any mechanical or body work. Like you said, Don, you won't build any lasting relationships with the VW community with Old Yeller, so it's kind of a hollow satisfaction until the day that someone discovers the car is stolen and you're brought to justice.
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 68buggirrl Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 am

Man, I honestly would be devastated if "Willy" was taken. Even though Sonia has him I just still cant imagine all the $hit your going through right now.

I do believe in Karma and you know what? One day they will be caught- hopefully Old Yeller will be returned.

Has anyone had any info at all?
68buggirrl
68buggirrl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2010-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/bimmergirrl

Back to top Go down

An Open Letter to a Thief Empty Sorry for your loss

Post by pea shooter Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Your letter was very well written, the creep who took your bug probably does not have the mentality to even include guilt. I am new here and already feel the connection between the members. Good Luck, I will keep my eyes open for it's safe return!
pea shooter
pea shooter
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down