Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW Crashes...several type I's and III's (Notches and Fast backs)

+6
fluxcap
dlandvw3
71_georgia_beetle
zabo
39coupe
69panel
10 posters

Go down

VW Crashes...several type I's and III's (Notches and Fast backs) Empty VW Crashes...several type I's and III's (Notches and Fast backs)

Post by 69panel Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pp92Aa_C8g

I'm definitely buying a camber compensator for my swing axle.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

VW Crashes...several type I's and III's (Notches and Fast backs) Empty Re: VW Crashes...several type I's and III's (Notches and Fast backs)

Post by 39coupe Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:11 pm

How lucky was the dude that fell out.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

VW Crashes...several type I's and III's (Notches and Fast backs) Empty Re: VW Crashes...several type I's and III's (Notches and Fast backs)

Post by zabo Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:15 pm

crazy nobodys wearing helmets there..
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:29 am

WTF! Does anyone have details on what that was? Was it a race? Homeboy that fell out had his Sundays best on.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:41 am

Nurburgring race track in Germany is not just a race track, it's a toll road, and a public road course. You can sign up to drive it in your vehicle any time you want. It's a 13 mile track, that's open to the public. European's love to test their vehicles to the limits, and show off their driving skills and in some cases their skills in saving a car from an accident, because you can't possibly remember all 127 turns or racing lines. Those video's all look like they are from the 70's or 80's, so I'm sure Helmets and the like weren't exactly high on the list of safety features.
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:51 am

39coupe wrote:How lucky was the dude that fell out.
I like how that guy just gets up and casually walks back to his car. Like that's an everday event or something.
Those people in the vert towards the end of the video Shocked . That's nut's trying that in a vert, there were 3 or 4 people in that car.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lamie Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:00 am

Me and a couple of buddies took the vans around the ring last year, needless to say we got a lot of looks! I'll post some pics later on, gotta dash now - cheers.
lamie
lamie
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:01 am

lamie wrote:Me and a couple of buddies took the vans around the ring last year, needless to say we got a lot of looks! I'll post some pics later on, gotta dash now - cheers.
Oops, I'll try posting under my username next time Laughing Very Happy Cheers.
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:22 am

I was amazed at how well the car's roofs held up to the rollovers. It speaks volumes about the structural integrity of the Beetle. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:54 am

Watching that I get the impression that the cameraman greased the turn to get that footage.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:31 pm

fluxcap wrote:
39coupe wrote:How lucky was the dude that fell out.
I like how that guy just gets up and casually walks back to his car. Like that's an everday event or something.
Those people in the vert towards the end of the video Shocked . That's nut's trying that in a vert, there were 3 or 4 people in that car.

I laughed pretty good at that part Laughing
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down