Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearance questions

2 posters

Go down

Clearance questions Empty Clearance questions

Post by JWILL Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:06 pm

Swapped engines over the weekend and noticed a few things that do not look right... Clearance questions <a href=Clearance questions WP_20151129_14_42_29_Pro_zps4hkarb3w" />
I am fairly certain these are the correct parts, but it the oil cooler looks too close to the firewall and the cylinder tin shouldn't touch the transmission bracket. ..right? scratch Clearance questions <a href=Clearance questions WP_20151129_12_46_14_Pro_zpsvbyvcwei" />
JWILL
JWILL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2015-04-28

http://www.superbeetlesonly.com/forum/index.php?showuser=5245

Back to top Go down

Clearance questions Empty Re: Clearance questions

Post by pwmcguire Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:20 am

I think you firewall is bowed a little, that is normal. If it gets in to your fan opening its a problem. If you decide to change it, some of the new firewall material looks rigid until it heats up then it gets real floppy and bows in to your fan opening. You may have to add a screw and a washer for more support. Research the best one. That transmission bracket may not be the correct one for the trans, engine, bodystyle combo. You can grind a little off or find another one. Both of the problems should be ok for a little while. I would look at the swaps for a different trans bracket and replace it the next time you pull the engine.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JWILL Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Rgr. I'll check into any say on the firewall. I have also been encouraged to swap over to a 71/72 granny bracket- maybe I'll get around to that sometime in the near future, but I really don't want to pull the engine again anytime soon.
JWILL
JWILL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2015-04-28

http://www.superbeetlesonly.com/forum/index.php?showuser=5245

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: