Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for the cable that selects feet or defroster on my 76 bus.

4 posters

Go down

Looking for the cable that selects feet or defroster on my 76 bus. Empty Looking for the cable that selects feet or defroster on my 76 bus.

Post by Rwflyboy Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:32 pm

I have looked on so many vendor's websites that I must be not calling it by it's correct name. (front heater cable or ?) Does anyone know where to pick up that cable? Just put a new engine/transaxle/axles and CV in her and all the heat boxes are tight awaiting some other hoses and blower motor (when I find a good motor).
Rwflyboy
Rwflyboy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2014-04-13

Back to top Go down

Looking for the cable that selects feet or defroster on my 76 bus. Empty Re: Looking for the cable that selects feet or defroster on my 76 bus.

Post by type4revolution Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:17 pm

http://www.busdepot.com/j18187
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Looking for the cable that selects feet or defroster on my 76 bus. Empty Re: Looking for the cable that selects feet or defroster on my 76 bus.

Post by DOODLE BUGG Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:52 am

I got two good blowers
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rwflyboy Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:03 am

Thanks Type4revolution!  Laughing I had searched BD many different ways (along with about 6 other vendors) and couldnt find the part. When I did they were always marked NLA. Hey Doodle Bugg, I sent you a PM. Question 
Rwflyboy
Rwflyboy
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:18 am

Contact bug eyed about the cable
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rwflyboy Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:23 pm

doodle bug. sent u a pm
Rwflyboy
Rwflyboy
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Greg Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Not sure if the same applies to the later bays but if that cable also opens the heat to the back, you'll be better off coming up with another method. Otherwise that cable will snap.

to clarify my post, the short cable comes from the dash to the heater vent tree where it opens a valve there, it also operates a pivot lever that is connected to a longer cable that connects to the the vent in the middle of the bus. I've found that the short cable will break if hooked up to the longer cable.

dash----(short cable)-----heater tree and pivot---(long cable)-----------heat vent for rear of bus

--(xxx)--- = cable
Greg
Greg
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down