Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

76 Westy- which accessories connect to fuse holder #9?

2 posters

Go down

76 Westy- which accessories connect to fuse holder #9? Empty 76 Westy- which accessories connect to fuse holder #9?

Post by Rwflyboy Thu May 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Looking at my electrical system and ignition. The key was stuck in the ignition when we got the bus a couple weeks ago for one. We used penetrating oil on it and it came out finally and it matches all the locks. Yeah! So we ordered two keys from veedubkey.com site. If u know have your original key and you can read the key code he can cut you a key for $10. They had installed a Briggs and Stratton ignition to  bypass the original key... So it's time to get the original ignition hooked back up. But it is a "mouse nest" up under the dash with wires going everywhere..When looking at the "block style" fuse holder designation list from ratwell.com, it just shows "accessory" for fuse holder #9. Is there a sub list for those accessories?
Rwflyboy
Rwflyboy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2014-04-13

Back to top Go down

76 Westy- which accessories connect to fuse holder #9? Empty Re: 76 Westy- which accessories connect to fuse holder #9?

Post by Greg Fri May 30, 2014 8:19 am

"accessories" is kind of a generic term meaning anything the PO needed power for. As such, there won't be a list. You may want to take the wiring diagram below to a printing shop and have it blown up and laminated. I forget where fuse 9 gets power from but the diagram will help you sort out the rats nest.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/baybus_76.jpg
Greg
Greg
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

76 Westy- which accessories connect to fuse holder #9? Empty Re: 76 Westy- which accessories connect to fuse holder #9?

Post by Rwflyboy Fri May 30, 2014 10:41 am

Thanks Greg. I think I will just start trying to trace wires from the fuse "box" back to where the PO's took them.... after I put on the missing cabinet latches/new sink pump etc in/re-key sliding door and some brake mainenance..... But thanks for the wiring scheme!!!
Rwflyboy
Rwflyboy
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2014-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum