Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Humble Thank you for those we saw today at Silver Dollar Showdown!

3 posters

Go down

A Humble Thank you for those we saw today at Silver Dollar Showdown! Empty A Humble Thank you for those we saw today at Silver Dollar Showdown!

Post by dlandvw3 Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:33 pm

I have to be brutally honest here....sometimes, like most of us I believe, I question why we do certain things, I question if it really makes a difference, if we are really here for a cause, a purpose, a reason. Not speaking specifically of this ministry, but life in general. I'm human, I do Trust in God and know He is guiding me in great directions, but I falter and question things.

Well today answered and kind of verified to me that yes we do make a difference. We went back to the Silver Dollar Showdown Car Show in Reynolds, GA. That's the first place we took the Methodist Children's Home Macon Bug after we spent a week rebuilding it. That's the first trophy we got to take back to the kids at the home.

There were ton's of people at this show today and I can't tell you how many of them saw our Bugs4Christ stickers in the cars and stopped to talk about the Methodist Home bug, wanting to know if we auctioned it, if they were happy with the results, to thank us for being back, etc. The whole car show event kind of took a back seat to the conversations I got to have with people today, and it was great to see so many caring and remembering.

We also had a lot that were at the Cruise In we did for the Alvarado Family back in October. I got many questions asking how the family was doing, if the kids were better, and some even remembered their names, remembered how old they were, etc. I loved being able to share how well they are all doing now and how, even though their lives are changed forever by the accident, that the generosity of strangers showing up to support them in any little way they could was also life changing....in some ways for the family, and I hope, in a big way, in some ways for the people that attended and cared.

Seriously, We've talked about doing more shows, more cruise ins, getting more of our cars out to make a difference by speaking and sharing Christ's Love with people, and even though we only had 2 cars there we got to witness changes in people, and caring in people.

I'm humbled, I'm honored, I'm almost speechless (ok, not really, I could write all night), and most of all, I'm changed...I doubt less, and I think we need to share more!

Thank you to all of you that asked, and thank you for all that came by to say hello, and we'll see you at the next one, whatever it may be!!!!!
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

A Humble Thank you for those we saw today at Silver Dollar Showdown! Empty Re: A Humble Thank you for those we saw today at Silver Dollar Showdown!

Post by MSgtcjl Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:32 am

Jesus Saves!
MSgtcjl
MSgtcjl
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

A Humble Thank you for those we saw today at Silver Dollar Showdown! Empty Re: A Humble Thank you for those we saw today at Silver Dollar Showdown!

Post by JWILL Fri May 08, 2015 9:39 pm

dlandvw3 wrote: ... I think we need to share more!...

I love the VW community b/c (for the most part) it is a very friendly and (in many ways) still family oriented. An older VW is always a conversation starter, which can open the door to relationships and ultimately discussing what is really important. Politics and religion are considered taboo, but they affect to much of our lives to avoid them.

I hope to see more of this ministry in the future...and who can be against having more VWs on the road.  Very Happy
JWILL
JWILL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2015-04-28

http://www.superbeetlesonly.com/forum/index.php?showuser=5245

Back to top Go down

Post by JWILL Fri May 08, 2015 9:43 pm

Question I like the logo- do you have any stickers???
JWILL
JWILL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2015-04-28

http://www.superbeetlesonly.com/forum/index.php?showuser=5245

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down