Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How may ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba??????

+23
Jon65
Muffler Bearing
zabo
86vwgti8v
adams77
stasher1
Terry 64
tronview
BKiller
ASBug
scott
snake666
59suicide
DiggerD
Bugman114
rpm750
meinvw
Damn-it Don
vwgirl
wheel_sun
bumblebuggy
aircooledaddicts
73super66baja
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How may  ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba?????? - Page 2 Empty Re: How may ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba??????

Post by stasher1 Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:17 pm

One of the biggest problems I've had there is actually common to most forums. On every forum you have an "inner circle" of people who seem to actually know what they're talking about, and a MUCH larger group of people who do nothing but regurgitate things the members of the inner circle have posted. Over time, the opinions of the inner circle become "fact", and anyone questioning these "facts" is immediately labeled a troublemaker and/or troll.
stasher1
stasher1
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

How may  ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba?????? - Page 2 Empty Re: How may ppl on this site have had bad experiences on the samba??????

Post by adams77 Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:55 pm

DiggerD wrote:The one thing I hate the most about the Samba isn't the A-holes because they are everywhere, But the thread stealers. you know the people that feel that they need to take a Question someone has asked in a completely non related direction. Like asking how to lower a bus and within five to six replys someone has redirected your question into tuning thier carbs.

So if I plug the hole in my 34 pic will it get rid of my flat spot? Also do you know who makes the oatmeal colored carpet?

adams77
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 86vwgti8v Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:10 am

I got harassed for destroying country roads in my low rider, I was then told by a different member I'd never last on the site because I only had 10 posts. But ironically I been a member there longer then most the people that commented.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=486528

The classifieds are the only thing you can't get from a smaller website like this. I would say I'm done posting there but that would allow the E-thugs to gain a victory.
86vwgti8v
86vwgti8v
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:37 am

stasher1 wrote:One of the biggest problems I've had there is actually common to most forums. On every forum you have an "inner circle" of people who seem to actually know what they're talking about, and a MUCH larger group of people who do nothing but regurgitate things the members of the inner circle have posted. Over time, the opinions of the inner circle become "fact", and anyone questioning these "facts" is immediately labeled a troublemaker and/or troll.

i'll agree with this-but overall i've never had any problems there
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:33 am

I have had issues with buyers
you descibe an item as used and some
buyers expect new condition then bitch
and expect money back.If you dont
they complain to everett then he boots you off.

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:35 pm

You mean besides being called "stupid", "ignorant", and "moron" - this was after just posting an introduction...
besides that, no problems whatsoever.... Very Happy
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:36 pm

adams77 wrote:
DiggerD wrote:The one thing I hate the most about the Samba isn't the A-holes because they are everywhere, But the thread stealers. you know the people that feel that they need to take a Question someone has asked in a completely non related direction. Like asking how to lower a bus and within five to six replys someone has redirected your question into tuning thier carbs.

So if I plug the hole in my 34 pic will it get rid of my flat spot? Also do you know who makes the oatmeal colored carpet?
Nice.
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:46 pm

I like the ones that just chime in, "Oh man I had one of those and mine looks like this or that". You know the ones that never add or help anyone they just post at will.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffler Bearing Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm

In the bus section so help you god if you have not checked your Bentley first.

Last edited by Muffler Bearing on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Auto spell sux)
Muffler Bearing
Muffler Bearing
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Man, I'll tell ya. You have better know your stuff whenever you post in a topic. If you get one small detail in your response wrong (or wrong in someone else's eyes) people will jump all over you telling you how wrong you are and you don't know what you're talking about and how you need to go study up some on your VW's. silent I can't tell you how many times I have seen this, and I've only been a member for a few months.

But, then again, I guess with every post your gonna make at least one guy mad no matter what. Rolling Eyes

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MRJEL Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm

I used to work as a dealer (Ford) mechanic. Did a lot of warranty jobs which didn't pay well unless you learned some tricks. One trick and older guy taught me was pulling one head on a V8 without pulling the intake!

Mention a trick such as that on Samba, and there will be tons of "book experts" tell you it won't work! I just have learned to ignore the idiots, and pick and choose the information I can use.

I did just have a great experience on Samba though. A guy in Dothan posted this; http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=540723 and you can see what I posted. After several e-mails and a couple of phone calls, I own this Thing! The poster even sent me a ton of pictures when he went and looked.

Just as with many other venues, sometimes you just gotta ignore the idiots!

MRJEL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Muffler Bearing wrote:In the bus section so help you god if you have not checked your Bentley first.

That would be "Desertbusman" geek

He has 12615 posts and I guarantee you half of those are telling folks to "Read the Bentley". I told him one day in a post that that is what the samba was all about, a place where folks can come together and learn from each other. If we did what you said asshole we wouldn't need places like the Samba or Georgia Dubs. I guess I told him....... affraid
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 pm

The Samba is a huge resource with wiring diagrams, paint codes, literature, and the forums-

That being said, you have to be really thickskinned if you want someone to help you fix your car. the "Experts" sometimes are not real patient with you when you're just starting out.

I usually just use their search function- more often than not, someone's already had the same problem, found a solution, written a description of what they did, and posted progress pictures. But it's like that on any of the other forums that I've been on
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:48 pm

rpm750 wrote:That would be "Desertbusman" geek

Oh yeah, I've seen his posts before. I figured him as being the kind of person who has a Bentley manual for each one of his vehicles after I read all of the quotes about a Bentley manual in his signature. Suspect

I agree that replying to a topic with "Go read your Bentley" isn't really helping the OP's situation. I mean, if the guy already has a Bentley, usually they would've already have tried to look through the manual to try and solve the problem themselves. And sometimes just looking through a manual can't always solve a problem. You need to have actual vw guys that are willing to take their time to help you solve your problem.

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffler Bearing Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 pm

It is much more laid back in the beetle forums.
My signature on the samba includes "and yes I do have a Bentley"
Muffler Bearing
Muffler Bearing
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 am

Yeah nothing wrong at all with having and reading a manual. But Most of the folks out there don't have one and are not going to get one. I have a Bus(the green one) manual that covers many years and it has some good stuff but I wouldn't have gone out and bought it. It's half the price for a set of drop spindles! lol It would be nice to have the Big Blue Bentley for my Bus and Bug.

Last edited by rpm750 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:52 am

Muffler Bearing wrote:It is much more laid back in the beetle forums.
My signature on the samba includes "and yes I do have a Bentley"

When asking, you should just say "Can someone look in their Bentley and see what I'm supposed to do here" Very Happy
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesmichael73 Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:11 pm

I have post on the samba. I also post on STF, 914world, Ifsja, FSJs ... ppl on samba tend to be rude. I have mixed it up more than once in paint iand body over something stupid. It's not worth it. Too many know it all's. I would rather work /trade with a smaller group that could admit they aren't VW gods. I am here cause I love these cars.,not cause I have a keyboard complex
jamesmichael73
jamesmichael73
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bayboy87 Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:40 pm

my biggest problem is trying to buy on thesamba guy on here who oes beam raise plates detroit johnny would never answer my pm's 6 maybe but i did find a guy in arkansas that is real helpful and works with ya. het sent me a cut out pattern of the plates i bought i sent them to doodle and he was like naw those arent gonna work so the guy changed the cut outs to what i wanted. never tried to sell anything on there so thats my experience. gooing tom. to pick up a front in to a 62 bus uncut dash. from a guy on the samba
bayboy87
bayboy87
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2