Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

has anyone seen those hoods that make your bugs front end looks like a rolls royce?

+4
Hookdriver
MRJEL
fluxcap
m1auto
8 posters

Go down

has anyone seen those hoods that make your bugs front end looks like a rolls royce? Empty has anyone seen those hoods that make your bugs front end looks like a rolls royce?

Post by m1auto Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:06 am

im trying to find one. does anyone know what they are called and where i can find them?

m1auto
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

has anyone seen those hoods that make your bugs front end looks like a rolls royce? Empty Re: has anyone seen those hoods that make your bugs front end looks like a rolls royce?

Post by fluxcap Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:44 am

Yeah, unfortunately I have seen them Laughing . There's a guy in my town that has had one for about 18 years now, and I see him a few times a year.

They pop up in the samba classified frequently, though i don't see any on there right now.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

has anyone seen those hoods that make your bugs front end looks like a rolls royce? Empty Re: has anyone seen those hoods that make your bugs front end looks like a rolls royce?

Post by MRJEL Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:08 am

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pts/3497576710.html

All sorts of wierd stuff here; http://www.bgwspectre.com/body.html

MRJEL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookdriver Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 am

This guy had one. In fact he had both ends. He may still have them. The guy can be a bit grumpy sometimes.
http://savannah.craigslist.org/cto/3605590372.html
Hookdriver
Hookdriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 pm

I see a bug done up like that driving around Buckhead from time to time....
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by earlyvwfanatic Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Okay....I'll be the first to say what others are thinking (including me)....please please please don't do it!!!!! Sad
earlyvwfanatic
earlyvwfanatic
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookdriver Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Thank you
Hookdriver
Hookdriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:07 pm

I haven't seen one in real life, but I know that JC Whitney used to sell something like them in the 70s.

(see top-right)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=652551

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:08 pm

earlyvwfanatic wrote:Okay....I'll be the first to say what others are thinking (including me)....please please please don't do it!!!!! Sad

X2. IMO

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MRJEL Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:15 pm

earlyvwfanatic wrote:Okay....I'll be the first to say what others are thinking (including me)....please please please don't do it!!!!! Sad

Don't really like them myself, BUT....

at least if it is done, it can be undone very simply. Not as easy to undo some other mods I've seen.

MRJEL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by redneck_davis Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Lol. There is one on a decrepit looking Beetle in east dublin. Sitting in front of a mech shop has been there a min. Whole car could prob be had cheap. . .
It does make you stand out.and you dont see them. . But dang theyre ugly. Id do it tho
redneck_davis
redneck_davis
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down