Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muffler recommendation? - brand and source

3 posters

Go down

Muffler recommendation? - brand and source Empty Muffler recommendation? - brand and source

Post by ultralite Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Went off road and hastened the demise of my rusty Empi muffler. Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement? I'm open to trying a different brand but wanted to go with a 3 bolt flange. My headers are good.
I've read EMPIs quality has really dropped.
I have a 69 Westy and normally order from BusDepot and I need some new brushes for my generator too. But I'm open to other sources.
Thanks in advance

ultralite
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Muffler recommendation? - brand and source Empty Re: Muffler recommendation? - brand and source

Post by type4revolution Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Reuse flange and get a piece of muffler pipe bent and find a muffler you like. Example a round magnaflow works well and weld it up and enjoy a long lived exhaust note. Stainless helps / Wise man say you get what ya pay for http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-12865 Keep inlet and outlet sizes smaller than 2.250 and you will have nice pipesthat live long. Or check jegs lots of options
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Muffler recommendation? - brand and source Empty Re: Muffler recommendation? - brand and source

Post by vwtattooed Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm

type4revolution wrote:Reuse flange and get a piece of muffler pipe bent and find a muffler you like. Example a round magnaflow works well and weld it up and enjoy a long lived exhaust note. Stainless helps / Wise man say you get what ya pay for http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-12865 Keep inlet and outlet sizes smaller than 2.250 and you will have nice pipesthat live long. Or check jegs lots of options
Not Jegs....they're the devil! Twisted Evil call or come visit Summit, ask for David or Mike, we are both fellow dubbers.
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down