Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone Mountain VW GTG

+7
Grifspop
DiggerD
zabo
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
Knumb Knucks
vwtattooed
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stone Mountain VW GTG - Page 2 Empty Re: Stone Mountain VW GTG

Post by peregrine67 Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:43 am

vwtattooed wrote:I know the weather was bad, but they still had the gtg. This was not an air-cooled show...it was actually a NEW Beetle group! It was supposed to be about showing support to VW, as they do to us. The dealers around this area,particularly Stn. Mtn., are trying to reach out to the VW community and bring "family" together. Afterall are'nt VW's our common interest? not water-cooled, not air-cooled.....just VW'S!!!

Preaching to the converted my friend. I learned to drive on a '76 Rabbit. Love the water-pumpers too. I'd have hung around if there was anybody at all there. But it was literally just one guy flipping burgers and a few salesmen.

peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:10 am

I don't think the dealers have supporting the air cooled community on their mind with this stuff. It's all about getting people on the lot.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:49 am

I'm all for support...but it depends on the fun level. Not gonnna take a day off work to stand around in the cold rain. If the weather was better, I woulda been there. I'll try to show up if they do it again. If they sell more cars, then they might be encouraged to show support for us in the future. Parking in a VW lot is a small price to pay for potential sponsorship. Somtimes you meet the coolest people doing stuff like that. You might also convert a waterhead to an airhead! Twisted Evil
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by cjvan71 Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:52 am

Convert a water head to an airhead. Now that needs to be in a t-shirt. Very Happy
cjvan71
cjvan71
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:36 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:I'm all for support...but it depends on the fun level. Not gonnna take a day off work to stand around in the cold rain. If the weather was better, I woulda been there. I'll try to show up if they do it again. If they sell more cars, then they might be encouraged to show support for us in the future. Parking in a VW lot is a small price to pay for potential sponsorship. Somtimes you meet the coolest people doing stuff like that. You might also convert a waterhead to an airhead! Twisted Evil
well they are doing another event the end of this month....hopefully the weather will be perfect and everyones schedule will be clear Neutral
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2