Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9th annual Poker Run hosted by Athens VW Club May 11- Pictures added

+9
overspray
johnvalkennedy
Knumb Knucks
Lucy_Coop
57RTOval
bumblebee1969
Major62
pwmcguire
Hobug
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

9th annual Poker Run hosted by Athens VW Club May 11- Pictures added Empty 9th annual Poker Run hosted by Athens VW Club May 11- Pictures added

Post by Hobug Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Save the date, details coming soon. This year's Poker Run will be held on Saturday May 11. It will once again begin in Helen Ga.
Stay tuned for more info as it comes available.

Last edited by Hobug on Thu May 16, 2013 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

9th annual Poker Run hosted by Athens VW Club May 11- Pictures added Empty Re: 9th annual Poker Run hosted by Athens VW Club May 11- Pictures added

Post by pwmcguire Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:57 am

We had a blast, planning on attending this year
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

9th annual Poker Run hosted by Athens VW Club May 11- Pictures added Empty Re: 9th annual Poker Run hosted by Athens VW Club May 11- Pictures added

Post by Major62 Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Hope to make it, always a good time.
Major62
Major62
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee1969 Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:17 am

Hey Guys I would like to try and make it this year. Is it open to others or is it just a club event? I may have two or three that would join in too. Looks like fun.
bumblebee1969
bumblebee1969
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:33 am

bumblebee1969 wrote:Hey Guys I would like to try and make it this year. Is it open to others or is it just a club event? I may have two or three that would join in too. Looks like fun.

It is open to all air-cooled VWs. Tell all your friends. Very Happy
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Here are the much anticipated details.
It is time once again to sign up for the Poker Run. It will be run on May 11th. As always we will start in Helen GA at the Best Western. Start time is 10:00am. A lunch stop is part of the run. (bring your lunch money)

Once again the host hotel is the Best Western. The rate is $65.00 per night. Call and tell them you are with the Athens VW Club. 706 878 2111. Be sure to call this number and not the general Best Western reservations number. The cut off day is May 1, don't miss it, as this price is half what the usual rate is.
They have a block of rooms for us both Friday and Saturday night.

Cost is $25.00 per person drawing cards if you sign up before April 21. (Bug-a-paluza is the last weekend)The cost is $30.00 after April 21. If you are not playing, there is no cost; however, we ask that at least one person per car plays. Entry fee gets you a chance at some nice prizes, a great cruise thru the mountains, and an event T-shirt.
Those who choose to stay after the run are invited to our cook-out. There is no charge for Poker Run participants. We will provide the food, all you need to bring is your beverage and a chair. Cool

If you plan on participating please PM Clyde or me your shirt size. Extra shirts are available for $12.00 each. Please include shirt sizes for extra shirts.

To register please send Clyde your payment (cash or check please, make checks to Clyde NOT Athens VW club), your name, your shirt size, # of shirts, email address, year and model car you will be driving, and your phone number.

Clyde Maddox
1070 Canyon Creek Rd.
Watkinsville, GA. 30677

If you want to be a sponsor, let Clyde or me know.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:50 pm

If you haven't signed up yet, please do so. It saves you a little $ and it gets you a shirt of the correct size. Anyone signing up after BAP gets whatever size shirts we have.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Please post if you plan to come and give your shirt size.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Michele and I will be there. We had a blast last year. I still need to register, but I need 1 xl shirt

Pat McGuire
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 pm

I'll be there, check is going out in tomorrow's mail. I'll be needing a size M shirt, thanks!
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 pm

57RTOval wrote:I'll be there, check is going out in tomorrow's mail. I'll be needing a size M shirt, thanks!
I waited this long, I'm taking it to Clyde at BAP
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy_Coop Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:12 am

I've never been but it sounds like fun, I love Helen so bugs and Helen equal lots of fun. not sure if I'll bring my 1964 bug or my bug/truck lol if it is done. if it's okay I'll give Clyde the money at the Bap.
Lucy_Coop
Lucy_Coop
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Thanks to everyone who signed up at BAP.

If you are getting a room and haven't reserved it yet, you have 6 days left, after that it is full price. (May 1 is deadline)

Thanks to our sponsors:

Raby's Aircooled Technology

Athens German Aircooled Parts

Herrell's Bug Parts

Tanbugwerks

Overton's Resto

If you would like to be a sponsor all it takes is a prize or cash (PM me for details) and you get entry into the run. (and a BIG thank you )

Last edited by Hobug on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:00 am

We are attending this year. Going to be staying at The Cabin for a week to attend this and SOWO the following weekend. See everybody Then.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

9th annual Poker Run hosted by Athens VW Club May 11- Pictures added Empty Booked the room

Post by johnvalkennedy Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 am

Hobug, sending Clyde $ but wanted to let you know that us "newby's" are coming and looking forward to the fun and festivities. The Kennedy group (2 adults 2 kids) will be there early Saturday morning. I'm an XL and hopefully if there are extra t-shirts, the wife may want to buy one too.
johnvalkennedy
johnvalkennedy
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:42 am

johnvalkennedy wrote:Hobug, sending Clyde $ but wanted to let you know that us "newby's" are coming and looking forward to the fun and festivities. The Kennedy group (2 adults 2 kids) will be there early Saturday morning. I'm an XL and hopefully if there are extra t-shirts, the wife may want to buy one too.

I look forward to seeing you there. We usually have a few extra shirts made. They are going to be really nice this year.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by overspray Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 pm

We hope to be there in BB...
overspray
overspray
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2010-04-06

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1683544981#!/pages/Overto

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:06 pm

overspray wrote:We hope to be there in BB...
Hope to be there...??? I am counting on you to be a sponsor. Twisted Evil
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by overspray Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:51 pm

DONE DEAL ! !! cheers
overspray
overspray
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Thu May 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Here are this year's stops.

1 Chevelle’s – Hayesville, NC (Our lunch stop)
2 Downtown Hayesville, NC
3 Hiawassee Antiques Mall – Hiawassee, GA
4 Tallulah Point Overlook – Tallulah Gorge, GA
5 Old Sautee Store – Sautee, GA
6 Raby’s Aircooled Technology – Cleveland, GA
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Sat May 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Shirts are ordered and maps are being printed. Only a week away.

Remember, as always we will provive a FREE cookout Saturday night at the Best Western. All you need to bring is a chair and your beverage. drunken
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

9th annual Poker Run hosted by Athens VW Club May 11- Pictures added Empty I'm in sounds fun!!

Post by ghostwagen65 Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Have any 2x shirts left..

Can I pay when I get there. I'll drive up early with my boys that morning
ghostwagen65
ghostwagen65
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Sun May 05, 2013 4:01 pm

We did order a couple of 2X shirts that are not claimed yet.

Yes, most people do end up signing up the morning of the run. Look for us in the parking lot of the Best Western.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Sun May 05, 2013 4:28 pm

9th annual Poker Run hosted by Athens VW Club May 11- Pictures added 9_2013_Poker_Run_Flyer_2

This the flyer for the run. The lower right corner is the shirt logo for this year. ^

Remember that this drive is through the mountains. Be SURE your brakes are adjusted and your car is road worthy.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by overspray Sun May 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Can't wait for Kendall and a couple others to see Raby's shop !
overspray
overspray
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next