Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First posts.

+3
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
zabo
Muffler Bearing
7 posters

Go down

First posts. Empty First posts.

Post by Muffler Bearing Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:08 pm

I can't hardly stand when people sign up on ga dubs and first thing they want to do is sell their VW. "Hi I love your site. Now buy my VW." Seen it many times. Tired of it. I am a member of other forums and you need 2 posts in intros first then a min. of 25 to post or reply in classifieds. It would be nice to do that here. Just my .02
Muffler Bearing
Muffler Bearing
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

First posts. Empty Re: First posts.

Post by zabo Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:19 pm

why do you care?
they are here then gone - dont think it hurts anyone and someone might just get the vw they want.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffler Bearing Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:44 pm

I look at ga dubs as kind of a close knit family type of site. I just don't like people just wanting to use the site as an alternative to Craigslist or auto trader with putting no effort into any part of ga dubs. Did not know it would make anyone upset. Sorry. As stated previously Just my .02. But that is why I care.
Muffler Bearing
Muffler Bearing
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Yeah I have tossed around a few ideas about new users and also about members using the classifieds but I haven't thought of anything good. Like you must offer some kind of discount for Georgia Dubs members to sell in the classifieds.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Both have good points-

I think of Georgia Dubs as a close knit bunch that I enjoy sharing my projects with, and they enjoy sharing their projects and information with me-

But like Peter said, they're here one day and gone the next- maybe one of our close knit guys can pick up their neglected project and take it to the next level (or part it out, so many cars benefit)

Just my .02 cents worth
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Yeah, I don't see the harm in getting the extra traffic.
People just need to realize they are dealing with an unknown person and post count and reg date shows that.
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:42 pm

I think what it all boils down to is that this site is built mainly on friendship and trust. Those two things go a long way with me. I think maybe if someone signs up just to use the site to sell something and never get on here again, then you know that right away. So either let it be or have them wait a week or so before they can post in classifieds to sell. My .02 worth...
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:31 am

Let them post their stuff up, I'd rather it be sold to some of us that will take care of it rather than someone who will cut it up and make a red neck hunt'n buggy out of it. As far as Volkswagens go the rest of the world just doesn't get it! My co-workers laugh and joke around at my hobby but yet they climb a forkin tree in dead of winter and sit there most of the day and freeze their nuts off, I just don't get it! Oh yeah then they come to work on Monday and bitch about having to work out in the cold.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: