Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pic request of earlier bay window z-bed hinge

3 posters

Go down

pic request of earlier bay window z-bed hinge Empty pic request of earlier bay window z-bed hinge

Post by fluxcap Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Well, I was looking at Michael and Sonia's bus this past weekend and found out why my bed is a little tough to lay flat. I have to stick my hands on each side of the bed and hold the latches in place or else they'll get hung up. This weekend we figured out that my latches are missing a little flipper piece doo-hickey thing-a-ma-bob.

Anybody got one of the mustard yellow z-beds that is currently out of a bus? This part of the hinge is wedged between the bed and wardrobe closet so it's hard to get a good look at it if it's installed in a bus. Here's an old pic I found from when I repaired the broken latch (it was cracked where the red line is). The little flipper piece should be located right where the red line is in my pic. Can anybody get a good photo of this piece? I may attempt to fab something up if it's not to intricate.

Thanks!

Oh, and if you have an old crusty pee-stained falling apart bed that has good hinges on it, that you'd be willing to sell for a few bucks, I'd be interested in that too! Laughing

pic request of earlier bay window z-bed hinge 889308

fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

pic request of earlier bay window z-bed hinge Empty Re: pic request of earlier bay window z-bed hinge

Post by rpm750 Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 am

Here is a set for $30, other wise some good reference pics.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1205010
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

pic request of earlier bay window z-bed hinge Empty Re: pic request of earlier bay window z-bed hinge

Post by fluxcap Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:58 am

Yeah, i saw those last night. Only a couple of those pics are showing the area i need and unfortunately, they appear to be missing the piece i need as well (or else i would snatch them up!)

There was another decent priced set listed yesterday also, but they were missing the part as well. Guess it was an easy part to break or lose.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by shaky Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:38 am

My hinges are missing the spring and the flapper part is broken on one side and bent backwards but still flat and ground off on other side. Seat does not hang up???
shaky
shaky
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:49 am

Are yours the same style as the ones I have? I could probably grind that "C" notch some to help with it laying down, but then it also wouldn't lock in the upright position either.

I went ahead and contacted the seller Bob posted above. He sent me some better pics and his hinges do have the flapper piece, but he's in Canada and shipping will likely cost more than the hinges. I sent him another email asking if he could work on the price some. He's had them listed for a while, so we'll see what he says.

I'll post up the pics he sent when I get home later.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:46 am

Deal was worked out, so I got that set coming to me (thanks bob). Looks simple enough now that I've seen a clear side view of what's going on.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:17 pm

NP, I looked at Shaky's a while back and I think ours are the same. The black style.

Glad you got some that will work, I liked how easy Michael's bed laid out. Mine closes just like his though.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Here's the elusive flapper!

As you lift the seat bottom up, the roll pin passes over the flipper. Then when you pull the bed out and lay the bottom back down, the flapper keeps the pin from going back into "C" and locking it in place. Then when you lift the seat back up from the bed position, the roll pin snaps into the "C", and locks it back into seat position.
pic request of earlier bay window z-bed hinge Photobucket-3528-1341964166045
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:03 pm

That a pic of yours, pic was taken today! Cool, wish nine were like that but my bed is together and functioning perfect.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:05 pm

It's a pic of the one that's coming my way!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Cool, man.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down