Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headlight question an heater ???

2 posters

Go down

Headlight question an heater ??? Empty Headlight question an heater ???

Post by petervalle Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:43 pm

I would like to put some early style headlights on my '67 Bug. It looks like the aerlier headlights are tilted back a little. Will these fit on my front fenders? or would I have to replace my fenders with an early 60's fender?

Also, the floors and the heater channels on the same car are rusted real bad. I will keep driving it as long as my feet are not falling thru. But I would like to put some kind of heater system. I see in JC whitney that they sell a heater blower...To have heat in my car, the heater channels would need to be operational??? Why I dont see to many VW's with the heater hoses in the sides of the engine? is this system worth keeping?

I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.
I WISH I WAS CLOSER TO THE ATLANTA AREA TO LEARN ABOUT VW'S ON YOUR MEETINGS.
petervalle
petervalle
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Headlight question an heater ??? Empty Re: Headlight question an heater ???

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:46 pm

petervalle wrote:I would like to put some early style headlights on my '67 Bug. It looks like the aerlier headlights are tilted back a little. Will these fit on my front fenders? or would I have to replace my fenders with an early 60's fender?

Also, the floors and the heater channels on the same car are rusted real bad. I will keep driving it as long as my feet are not falling thru. But I would like to put some kind of heater system. I see in JC whitney that they sell a heater blower...To have heat in my car, the heater channels would need to be operational??? Why I dont see to many VW's with the heater hoses in the sides of the engine? is this system worth keeping?

I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.
I WISH I WAS CLOSER TO THE ATLANTA AREA TO LEARN ABOUT VW'S ON YOUR MEETINGS.

You will have to change your fenders.

No the channels dont have to be operational. All you have to do is hook the heater boxes up to the y's under the car and let the heat come out from under the back seat and not up the heater channels. Ashley 66 is like this. It is not super hot in the car but definitely more comfy. System is worth keeping.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down