Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 things i hate about beind a dub onwer..

+15
frehstan
BKiller
ASBug
peregrine67
Treehive
Wildo
Damn-it Don
DiggerD
bakertim2
bumblebuggy
Grifspop
zabo
dlandvw3
vwtattooed
jamrens
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2 things i hate about beind a dub onwer.. Empty 2 things i hate about beind a dub onwer..

Post by jamrens Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:01 pm

I hate going to the gas station and everyone has to tell me about the dubs they use to have.. I really dont care unless you have one for sale or you want to hang out and work on them now... Now number 2 is what makes me want to fuck punch people in the face.. Conversation goes like this.. Hey is that bug for sale.. Me-- yes for the right price.. Them-- how much... Me-- id have to get about 5k for me to let her go.. Them damn son i remember buying them for a 50 dollar bill..Me-- then you sould have bought every damn one then shouldnt you...

Sorry about the rant stoped at qt in cartersville tonight to get fuel..

Whit
jamrens
jamrens
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

2 things i hate about beind a dub onwer.. Empty Re: 2 things i hate about beind a dub onwer..

Post by vwtattooed Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:50 pm

get used to it.....thats part of the "life".....
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

2 things i hate about beind a dub onwer.. Empty Re: 2 things i hate about beind a dub onwer..

Post by dlandvw3 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:54 pm

I can see the frustration in your post, and just to play it on the other end of the spectrum to see if you can appreciate this or not. I definitely go the other way...I love hearing VW stories, and I don't mind getting stopped at gas stations, restaurants, etc, to be told a VW story. That to me is one of the greatest parts about owning one of these beauties....everyone has a story, and unless you listen to those, you may miss out on some amazing things. This one just happened to me 2 weeks ago:

I pull up at Krystals in my Square, see this elderly woman, probably 85 or so, with a cane and a bag of crystals trying to open the door, I jump out of my car and open the door for her, she says thank you, then looks at my car and says, "Is that a 1973 Squareback?" I kid you not, 85 year old granny knew the year and make of my car. Well she starts telling me all about the one she had for 20 years, she drove her daughter and all her friends around all through school, etc, then mentions riding around a small town no one has heard of unless you've lived there, which most of my family does. So I tell her I was raised there and she asks my name....it turns out she was the sister of my Great Aunt, who was married to my Great Uncle. I used to play with her children when we were all little, but hadn't seen her in over 30 years.

Life is full of surprises man and you'll miss a lot of them if you don't take the time to listen. Not saying anythings wrong with your rant, a lot of us have felt that kind of frustration, just throwing out something positive.
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:15 pm

yep - cool way to met people you would ordinarily never get to talk to.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 pm

I don't know, if you want to blend in, a Vintage VW isn't the way to go........
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Almost everyone over 30 years old has an old VW story. These cars bring back memories for just about every person you bump into. Just smile and be a good ambassador for the culture is all you can do. I like to talk to people about my VW. I just don't always have time to be in a long conversation and that's when it gets frustrating. When you get used to the fact that you have a sweet ride that everyone likes, it gets easier.

I do, however, get pissed at people offering me 1500 dollars for my bus though. Especially people who look like they've never had 1500 bucks in their pocket...and I DON"T want to trade for your crusty old Chevy S-10 with 300k miles on it either.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Yeah, a lot of people have NO EARTHLY IDEA how much these little cars are worth in today's market
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:47 pm

I concur with you guys about the stories. I don't know how many people I've met due to being in or around VWs. That's what makes it interesting.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Just get a honduh with a fart can............then nobody will ask about your car. Rolling Eyes
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:22 am

DiggerD wrote:Just get a honduh with a fart can............then nobody will ask about your car. Rolling Eyes
lol!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:32 am

Speaking of Fartcans- This was always my favorite! This one was on the turbo'd SSG (Super Shit Ghia) Photos shot at a drag night in Jax a few years ago. Check out more of about Lo Cash Racing at Lo Cash Racing

2 things i hate about beind a dub onwer.. Supershitfartcan2
2 things i hate about beind a dub onwer.. Supershitfartcan

(Oops- did I just hijack this thread? Embarassed )
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

2 things i hate about beind a dub onwer.. Empty Getting used to this life

Post by Wildo Fri May 27, 2011 1:41 pm

In my opinion it's why we build drive live in (if you have a bus) love and go to our own VW shows and hang out with the rodders racers,and bikers at the shows/get togethers they put on.Attention paid to us and the pride and joy we roll in.Wait till you go in to eat somewhere and look outside see half a dozen or so people looking @ your dub and then they ask you what caliber those holes in your engine shroud are?My favorite is still "mommy/daddy those aren't stickers!Get used to "The Life" and enjoy it to the fullest,we only get one trip across this rock Cool
Wildo
Wildo
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Treehive Fri May 27, 2011 1:55 pm

I can definitely relate to moments of frustration related to people asking me about my dub....sometimes i don't have the extra time to talk and people can ask some silly questions/offer silly amounts of $$ for the Hive. That being said....I mostly LOVE the extra attention I get...hell, on long trips I wear a pair of bunny ears just to give children more smiles....I remember taking road trips when I was young, and to this day, I can picture the faces of some of the people who gave me positive interactions from other vehicles when my sister and I waved or made faces...I hope that a Dub seed is planted in every child's mind who sees the bus! The first time i saw a VW bus was on a road trip with the Fam when I was a kid....and lookie what i drive now Very Happy
Treehive
Treehive
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Fri May 27, 2011 2:20 pm

I enjoy the extra 5 minutes of "story time" it takes to fill her up. I share your frustration with people wanting to buy her for $50.

What annoys me is the people who have no clue what they are talking about who try to "talk tech" with me. I once had a guy tell me that there is no way my fuel injection was stock for 1976.
Another guy tried to convince me to put a Vanagon 6-cylinder engine in it for more power.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Fri May 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Grifspop wrote:I don't know, if you want to blend in, a Vintage VW isn't the way to go........
Especially if it is SLIMER GREEN....
LOL,
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Fri May 27, 2011 5:46 pm

peregrine67 wrote:I enjoy the extra 5 minutes of "story time" it takes to fill her up. I share your frustration with people wanting to buy her for $50.

What annoys me is the people who have no clue what they are talking about who try to "talk tech" with me. I once had a guy tell me that there is no way my fuel injection was stock for 1976.
Another guy tried to convince me to put a Vanagon 6-cylinder engine in it for more power.

I hear those vanagon engines just swap right over into the Westy's. I had a friend of my sister's uncle's fiancee's brother's teacher did it once a long time ago.
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Fri May 27, 2011 6:23 pm

I get tired of "car people" telling me the SP2 is a kit car.... scratch
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Fri May 27, 2011 8:19 pm

BKiller wrote:I get tired of "car people" telling me the SP2 is a kit car.... scratch
Yeah I could see you getting that a bunch.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildo Sat May 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Black,white,rollin south Vintage can have attitude but would rather have a beer!
Wildo
Wildo
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by frehstan Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Sometimes the stories can be a drag... they have also let me find some cool things in some guys yard that I wouldn't have heard of otherwise. I once got a round tool kit case with a bug I paid $50 for from a dude at the gas station!!!!
I love the reaction that my crusty old bus brings which makes owning it all the more worthwhile. I also like the deer in the headlights look when I tell them what it would take for them to own my bus.
frehstan
frehstan
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm

My favorite story that everyone tells me:

" I had an Uncle (or insert any other relative here ) that had a Beetle with a Porsche engine in it, it would hop a Coke bottle when it wheelied off the line....."

I could retire if I had a dime for every time that I've heard that one
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Grifspop wrote:My favorite story that everyone tells me:

" I had an Uncle (or insert any other relative here ) that had a Beetle with a Porsche engine in it, it would hop a Coke bottle when it wheelied off the line....."

Me and Callahan went to a general all makes cruise-in type show last night in Newnan. I know I heard random people talking about porsche engines at least 4 times to their friends when walking around our cars.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Porsche, smorche Mad
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:30 pm

i really hate when old d bags lean on my roof rack then bust on vw's
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:42 pm

fluxcap wrote:
Grifspop wrote:My favorite story that everyone tells me:

Me and Callahan went to a general all makes cruise-in type show last night in Newnan. I know I heard random people talking about porsche engines at least 4 times to their friends when walking around our cars.

Funny thing is, today you can build a big displacement VW motor that will walk all over a vintage Porsche motor

But that crap about pulling the front wheels off the ground, I'm not buying it either
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum