Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 37 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Cambur Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:02 pm

DiggerD wrote:Broke the accelerator cable this afternoon. It did not leave me enough to stretch back to the carb linkage. Evil or Very Mad A couple of nylon cable ties and I was back on my way! cheers Not pretty, but allowed me to limp home at half throttle!

I know how that feels, i used some flower arrangement wire to get home from Cumming once, about a 20 mile trip. Wink
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 37 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by rpm750 Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Worked on my Engine again tonight. Painted the case and studs. Installed the painted studs!

Progress.....
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 37 EngineParts001

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 37 EngineParts004

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 37 EngineParts010

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 37 EngineParts012

Will post more current pics as soon as I take some. lol!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Me likey :Rockit:
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tronview Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:01 am

Ordered 6volt LED lights so people can see my brake lights during the day.
tronview
tronview
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:49 am

look what i found connected to my crank Shocked

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 37 Dead_b19

also measured my cylinders with a tape measure and they were 3 3/8 wide which is about 85.5 mm so I guess my engine was a 1600... that guy I bought it from saw me coming a mile away Laughing
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Take some scotch brite and scuff the top of the piston clean. They will have it stamped on the top.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:02 pm

What size were you suppose to have?
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 pm

92s the engine was supposed to be a 1835
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 pm

Got the engine put back together, headers on the way. Just waiting now....
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sat May 02, 2009 7:39 pm

jshmnghm wrote:Got the engine put back together, headers on the way. Just waiting now....

Hope I don't have to wait as long as you... the carbs came in today and spent about 90 on rebuild kits emulsion tubes/holders main and air jets... another 309 on a forged crank size classified... yea baby cant wait, the carbs got me drooling there better looking in person Laughing oh yea and waiting on a quote on a merger 1 5/8 with chrome stinger 100 + shipping... giggity :Rockit:
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sat May 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Yesterday I welded a friends sand blaster. I also helpes Brad fix his westy. Installed a rear coupling to the shift rod and now it has all four gears. Now if we could only figure out why the engine keeps quitting. Some sort of electrical problem. I suspect the battery or alternator.

Today I test fit the 1776 to the buggy.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 37 Bumblebuggy012
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sat May 02, 2009 8:36 pm

do you have an electronic ignition?
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Sat May 02, 2009 11:05 pm

59suicide wrote:
jshmnghm wrote:Got the engine put back together, headers on the way. Just waiting now....

Hope I don't have to wait as long as you... the carbs came in today and spent about 90 on rebuild kits emulsion tubes/holders main and air jets... another 309 on a forged crank size classified... yea baby cant wait, the carbs got me drooling there better looking in person Laughing oh yea and waiting on a quote on a merger 1 5/8 with chrome stinger 100 + shipping... giggity :Rockit:

Well you live close to proflow, so it probably wont take as long. I am also putting this thing together in my driveway after work and on weekends. My wife and I just had our first baby 8 weeks ago and this is my first engine build, I am doing it myself so I am learning as I go. I think it will be worth the wait.
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun May 03, 2009 12:20 am

59suicide wrote:do you have an electronic ignition?

In the buggy and my bus I have Pertronix.

Brad's Westy is a FI type IV which I know very little about. It quit about four times on the test drive. Each time it seemed to do so after about three minutes of running. Then hooked up the jump box and it would start right back up again. Later hooked up a tester and the bus would quit as soon as you put a load on the battery. I'm 70% sure the bettery is toast. If not, I'm guessing the alternator. Dont think it's an ignition or fuel issue because it fires right back up after you hook up the jump box and runs great for a few minutes. Then it dies again and won't crank till it gets more juice.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sun May 03, 2009 6:03 am

jshmnghm wrote:
59suicide wrote:

Well you live close to proflow, so it probably wont take as long. I am also putting this thing together in my driveway after work and on weekends. My wife and I just had our first baby 8 weeks ago and this is my first engine build, I am doing it myself so I am learning as I go. I think it will be worth the wait.

My first engine build also, hows the new one congratulations. Definitely will be worth all the wait, It will be all the much better when you hear that baby fire for the first time cheers
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sun May 03, 2009 6:07 am

bumblebuggy wrote:
59suicide wrote:do you have an electronic ignition?

In the buggy and my bus I have Pertronix.

Brad's Westy is a FI type IV which I know very little about. It quit about four times on the test drive. Each time it seemed to do so after about three minutes of running. Then hooked up the jump box and it would start right back up again. Later hooked up a tester and the bus would quit as soon as you put a load on the battery. I'm 70% sure the bettery is toast. If not, I'm guessing the alternator. Dont think it's an ignition or fuel issue because it fires right back up after you hook up the jump box and runs great for a few minutes. Then it dies again and won't crank till it gets more juice.

It "should" run just off the alternator alone without the battery hooked up, if that dosent happen then connection issues or its toast.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by tronview Mon May 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Spent Sunday with the help of DiggerD putting my 1600 engine back together. Got it cranking around 6PM. Man it Purrs. Can't wait to get it into the car. Still need to rebuild the Carb.
tronview
tronview
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Mon May 04, 2009 2:32 pm

tronview wrote:Spent Sunday with the help of DiggerD putting my 1600 engine back together. Got it cranking around 6PM. Man it Purrs. Can't wait to get it into the car. Still need to rebuild the Carb.

You don't have that thing tuned yet!!?? lol geek

Seriously tho, thats a purdy running moter right thur!! rabbit
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Mon May 04, 2009 6:05 pm

59suicide wrote:
My first engine build also, hows the new one congratulations. Definitely will be worth all the wait, It will be all the much better when you hear that baby fire for the first time cheers[/quote]

No doubt!
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Mon May 04, 2009 9:05 pm

taking axles and everything off the busted swingaxle again- trying to get everything ready for when the new one shows up.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Mon May 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Got all the rest of the engine tin back on today, finally figured out where the two small odd shaped pieces went. I had them marked, but had to twist them around, upside down, backwards to figure out where they went! I will know from now on though.
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by petervalle Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Started working on my $250 1969 van, complete with engine. I am doing some paint stripping and putting some primer. Looking for a link pin beam to do a conversion and get it on the road in the next coupld of months.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 37 Myvan2
petervalle
petervalle
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Mon May 04, 2009 11:47 pm

I love those early bays.
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue May 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Painted some small seat bracket parts, repaired one of the safari latches, and made an extension for my accelerator cable so maybe it won't keep binding up and breaking!! No Still planning to run a braided cable eventually. Rolling Eyes
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Tue May 05, 2009 5:49 pm

got a $125 shipped a merged 1 5/8 exhaust with empi chrome stinger, gonna have to get a baffle for it, should look real nice under there. Cool

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=779483
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next