Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by meinvw Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 am

zabo wrote:wow nice ^ pics?
Will get some pics of both here soon and post them up. Got in a bit late last night with it so just dropped and ran.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by meinvw Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Both panels now home!!!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 515883
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 515885
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 515893
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 515894
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:15 pm

I drove over to Douglasville to have lunch with some former work buddies. Some of them haven't seen my bug finished! He ran really good, I got to check out my cheap but needed Tach. 3k@60 mph. Still leaks oil, worse now than before. I don't think it will get any better until I rebuild it! Will be driving him to work tomorrow, if no rain.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked sell me the white one jerome
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:32 pm

fearthefat138 wrote:Shocked Shocked Shocked sell me the white one jerome
By white are you meaning the first one? It was og grey, resprayed in a lighter green. oxidation has taken its toll. That the one you saw in the basement last week. Pics are from before it was pulled in, the day I got it. Not for sale yet, would love to get both on the road one day, but need to finnish the dc first. All things do have a price thou, make a good enough offer and it might leave! LOL!!! 15k and you can have everything, parts and cars! That would be 2 58 splits, a 68 DC, 64 Bug, basement and 2 buildings full of parts, no need for a yard sale then, steaks on the house!!! lol!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:35 pm

meinvw wrote:
By white are you meaning the first one? It was og grey, resprayed in a lighter green. oxidation has taken its toll. That the one you saw in the basement last week. Pics are from before it was pulled in, the day I got it. Not for sale yet, would love to get both on the road one day, but need to finnish the dc first. All things do have a price thou, make a good enough offer and it might leave! LOL!!! 15k and you can have everything, parts and cars! That would be 2 58 splits, a 68 DC, 64 Bug, basement and 2 buildings full of parts, no need for a yard sale then, steaks on the house!!! lol!

Do you take rubber checks Question im sure it will be good in a few years Laughing
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:51 pm

59suicide wrote:
meinvw wrote:

Do you take rubber checks Question im sure it will be good in a few years Laughing
Got enough of those myself!!! Hey man posting the times and dates for the yard sale here in a sec, saw where you had posted. So unless anbody wants it all, yard sale comming soon!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:01 am

I disassembled the extra wiper assembly the PO gave me. Blasted the transmission and painted with Rustolem black. I re-greased the gearbox, the wiper posts and the arm bushings. It sounds a lot better running now and not so slugish. If your wipers seem to be moving slow I can guarantee the grease in the post bushings has turned to something that feels like black tar a really gummy gooey substance. It took a lot of twisting and carb cleaner to get the shafts out. Then lacquer thinner and steel wool to get the goo off.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:04 pm

The post-person delivered my new head-lamps today. I want to thank RPM750 for the tip on where to find them on ebay for cheap.

I'll be cleaning up the buckets on my '68 to receive the headlamps in the next day or so. I also intend to try and mount some very bright LEDS in amber to use as turn signals where the city light socket is. I'll have to enlarge the hole but it shouldn't be too tough as they are plastic. I probably will do some LED research for bulbs that will fit that are super bright.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Finally got the turbo on and running on my 74 super. needs adjusting, but good enought to drive on the street (atleast to work and back Laughing ).
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Bugman114,

We need pictures of your turbo motor. Well at least I want to see some.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:49 pm

I'll try to get some up. i already have two topics on the turbo, one on thesamba (engines section called "turbo question", and one on shop talk forums on the forced industion section
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:23 pm

I broke it....Bad bad day yesterday!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Worked on my fender some more. filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, primer, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, primer again, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand, filler, sand.

I have a heavy hand when it comes to sanding. I always take off more than I need to and end up back at bare metal. But I guess that's better than leaving a half inch of filler Laughing .
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Drove to work today and did this.....
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 PIC-0085
Yeah 80,000 OG mls
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:25 pm

I bought a complete '71 1600 DP motor in a box today off of craigslist from a nice young man. The case was recently line bored .25 mm over. The case is very clean the rest of the parts and tins are nasty, oily and filthy. It came with a new crank and the old crank and one new rod and three old rods. All new bearings, mains and rods. It will need a new cam and lifters. The heads are dirty so I'll have to clean them up to be able to check for cracks. I haven't found the oil pump yet but it might be in one of the boxes. I'm excited at the prospect of building it.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:29 pm

rpm750 wrote:Drove to work today and did this.....
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 PIC-0085
Yeah 80,000 OG mls

So how did you take the picture while you were running 60 MPH? lol!
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:47 pm

69panel wrote:
So how did you take the picture while you were running 60 MPH? lol!
Bob got one of these for Christmas
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 74905034_321f2b9881
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:16 pm

:Laughing: ^^^^^ Cool
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Got two tickets in smyrna Rolling Eyes Apparently you cant cross over the double yellow lines towards oncoming traffic to get into the turning lane and you have to have a drivers license on you Military ID dosen't count, as soon as I saw the cop I just went ahead and pulled over he didn't even have to turn his lights on Laughing oops
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:04 pm

I've been cleaning parts on the DP I bought. Man that thing is nasty. The push rods were brown, the case studs were black and crusty, the pulley lost a half pound after I scraped the crud off. The new 5 galllon can of parts washing fluid is getting very dark already. I scrubbed on the cylinder heads for 30 minutes and the black gook isn't budging. I guess I'll have to pull the valves and springs and bead blast them.

I also checked everything on the '99 Riviera; the fluids and tire pressure. I changed the oil and filter for the guy flying down from Ohio to buy it this Saturday and drive it back. I want it to be roadworthy for him. If everything works out I'll have some bug money soon. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by LungTube Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:47 pm

started to go through the brakes on the jetta 3. pulled the master cylinder off to clean/bench bleed it. got it all cleaned out to find out its no good. looks like i have to get a new master for it. What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 Banghead
LungTube
LungTube
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Replaced the rear wheels seals on both sides of dads car. Also while I was in there I swapped the backing plates to the appropriate ones. Adjusted the rear brakes also.

Unloaded the 66 off the trailer and pushed it in the backyard to hang with its cuz (my 64)
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:14 pm

59suicide wrote:Apparently you cant cross over the double yellow lines towards oncoming traffic to get into the turning lane
Only ticket I ever got was this exact same thing! The turning lane was way to short, and the "go straight" lane always backed up way way back. So "everyone" would always just jump in the on-coming lane (when nobody was coming of course) and cruise on up to the turning lane. Well, I jumped on over to cruise up and passed a cop sitting in the "go straight" lane. He quickly pulled out and got me and the driver behind me. Two at once Laughing . About 6 months later, they relaned that intersection and the turn lane is much much longer now!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:11 am

Finished my new glass door knob shifter knob.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 21 Dsc_8710
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next