Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by aircooledaddicts Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:08 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:
Me too ..... except I dont work ..... so I guess I really dont drive anywhere either Shocked

yeah I didn't drive to work but I did put about 60+ miles on Baxter today.
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:19 pm

Yeah I put about the same on the 66 today. Just trying to drive it since I just got it back on the road. I think it is going to need a clutch, it does need rear shoes which I bought yesterday for the whopping sum of $14, and it needs some more bleeding on the brakes.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by billieco Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:27 pm

I drove my bus for the first time!!!!!!
billieco
billieco
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://stockornaut.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:31 pm

billieco wrote:I drove my bus for the first time!!!!!!
Cool deal. Is it going to be at the flowery branch show?
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by billieco Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:
billieco wrote:I drove my bus for the first time!!!!!!
Cool deal. Is it going to be at the flowery branch show?

Yes! If I have to drag it!
Lot more work to do.
billieco
billieco
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 305

http://stockornaut.com

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 2 Empty This past weekend...

Post by jimbear Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:11 am

Drove the bus to the NC mountains past Boone and back, 700 miles...!! High Country! tongue

jimbear
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:47 am

Same thing we do every day Pinky - "Try to take over the world" HAHA -- just kidding - drove it to work with gas prices so high I can't afford to drive the Tundra so the bug is now the daily driver.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

Back to top Go down

Post by 65veedub Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:53 pm

Drove to work 26 miles and back 26miles Smile
65veedub
65veedub
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:56 pm

Painted an engine case today in hopes of getting it together tomorrow.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 2 464676
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:07 am

It was actually last night, but the original engine in my Thing came out to make way for the type 4 that is going in on Saturday.
The engine bay is clean and new trans mounts go on today. cheers
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:22 am

Treehive wrote:Just got some new tires for her. Yokohama Super Van 356 185R14 8P, they have a max load of 1850 lbs. They handle so much better than the standard passenger tires that were on there when I bought her. Now she is ready for a weekend trip to Charlotte for a little Widespread Panic cheers

Right on! A fellow Spreadhead. Did you see the fall tour? Two nights at Lakewood and to top it off its my Birthday weeked! bounce
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Treehive Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:42 am

panic_fan wrote:
Treehive wrote:Just got some new tires for her. Yokohama Super Van 356 185R14 8P, they have a max load of 1850 lbs. They handle so much better than the standard passenger tires that were on there when I bought her. Now she is ready for a weekend trip to Charlotte for a little Widespread Panic cheers

Right on! A fellow Spreadhead. Did you see the fall tour? Two nights at Lakewood and to top it off its my Birthday weeked! bounce

Yeah I took a look at the fall tour......I was a little dissapointed that the Atl Halloween rumors did not come true, but the Lakewood shows are a nice surprise. I think the last time I saw them @ Lakewood was 2001 Shocked . Maybe we can coordinate a bus convoy to the shows afro
Treehive
Treehive
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by 65veedub Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:30 pm

I got stuck on the side of the road and had to tow her home! SHE won't come out of 2nd gear Sad
65veedub
65veedub
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by aircooledaddicts Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:16 pm

I added a Pertronix ignition Cool
It made a big difference in my car Very Happy
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:02 pm

Had to replace the throttle cable. Mad Keep some zip ties in your dub. Made a 10 mile ride home. cheers

Joe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 219

http://ATVW.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:16 pm

Replaced tail light lens and new seals. Put in the new H4 head lights with blue bulbs 100w. Also put new front bumper on that has the turn signals in it. Later this week new carpet and sound deading pads front quater panel lights and roof mounted antenna.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:10 am

Joe wrote:Had to replace the throttle cable. Mad Keep some zip ties in your dub. Made a 10 mile ride home. cheers

Lost a Throttle cable on I-75 near Perry one time. Ripped some speaker wire out of the door and managed to drive the rest of the way to Jax. (albeit @ 50mph) but I made it.

You'll never guess what I did to my VW today....

Drove it to work like I do every day Pinky! Twisted Evil

Long live the Jolly Rancher!
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:48 pm

Put 200 miles on the 66 today. Went by Bobbys Buggys today. Really cool guy. Go check them out!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by EngineerTEN Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:05 pm

Took the bug to Sears yesterday for a front end alignment since I did a complete replacement on the front end. I began driving it for the first time in 3 months yesterday evening. My wife and I took the car out on a date after the alignment.

The wife and I cruized the car from Douglasville to about Chamblee for the Aircooled Addicts before being cought in a storm. We took a slow cruize home and went for ice cream.

I did notice today while driving that I have a couple of things to fix:
1. Air leak in the air suspension is causing the car to slowly drop while driving and the air compressors to kick on every 5 mins. This was solid before doing the front end and rear end rebuild. I think I am going to go back throuh all the fittings with fresh nyon tape.
2. I have an oil leak from the oil cooler. I drove about 150 miles in the last two days and the oil went from just below the second line on the dip stick to the first line on the dip stick. I know exactly where the problem is. Whrn I had the engine pulled appart several weeks ago, I noticed that the threads were worn on the screw holes where you put the screw in to fasten down the right side of the mount. I thought it would hold. I'll go back in tap the hole bigger when I get some time.
3. The air compressors and radio are on the same power circuit. When the compressors kick on, the radio powers off for a few seconds. I'll have to put the radio on its own dedicated direct curcuit to one of the batteries.
4. The horn needs to be wired.
5. The passenger door needs to be rebuilt - mechanicals, seals and channels.

I have a few things to do - I am just glad I got it back on the road.
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:59 pm

I drove the Thing with my new Type 4 power. WOW....what a difference. Shocked When I came to my first hill, where I would have downshifted to third before, I just stepped on the gas and not only did I maintain speed...I accelerated UPHILL.

This is a whole new car. I can be going 70 (absolute topend for the type 1) and accelerate; to what, I don't know. I backed off at 80. This is just a used 2.0 type 4 with an upright convertion and dual Dell 40s. What a Face Nothing fancy, not too much $$$.

Gotta go drive some more. Later.....

Thanks to all who helped me get it installed and tuned. It was a day (and night) well spent. The 11:40pm test drive with NO working lights had to be the highlight. cheers
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:15 pm

At the same event as above with Jon, I replaced my shifter bushing, leaky oil sensor and Jon adjusted the carb. In all we had a:
Type IV install
2 shifter bushings
Torsion bar adjustments on a bus
4 valve adjustments
3 carb rebuilds
Boot replacement
2 engine removals
1 plug job
2 carb adjustments
Drop spindles
Disc brake conversion
Brake job
Type IV fan replacement
Total rearend rewire

and killed about 500 beers with no finger loss.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Sat in it and listened to the radio. I will probably go crusin later tonight, too dang hot right now
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Loaded it up and took it to the flea market. Sold some old stuff I had lieing around the house.

Some dude asked me if I'll take 12K for it Shocked and email him some pics. I did and he said he'll let me know in a couple days.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Went out to air the pass rear tire for the drive to work tomorrow, slow leak. Started her up and she started idling high, went to investigate the carb. The culprit, a rusty throttle return spring gave up, luckily I have a crap load of stainless steel springs just lying around. Problem fixed and I took her for a cruise down cooper lake rd just to "test" my repair Laughing , NICE night out it is a pretty cool, of course the spring held up I new it would. alien

Last edited by 59suicide on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Treehive Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:20 am

I couldn't help but drive her today......took the doogies to the vet (you think it should read doggies...nahhh)....they love riding in the bus.......I say that she'll be parked for a while, but I'm just trying to fool myself........I ummmm love her Sad and couldn't imagine being without her Sad ......ok....I am just a fool in love.............................what was my life like before my bus found me........hmmmmm......glad my memory sucks afro
Treehive
Treehive
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next