Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+65
fearthefat138
dlandvw3
Evilrduck
alcpsy
70VWKG
Raggtop
daltondragger73
Terry 64
mtownbeetle70
jamrens
pwmcguire
hly3rd
Major62
scott
Hobug
Keyhole7
Muffler Bearing
camch
Rusty62
Laz
kstanle2
BugmanNDsun
drewBAKER
LB Bedwell
69panel
Treehive
Cave Man
vwovalchild
Tanbug
bakertim2
BKiller
39coupe
67vdub
rpm750
aircooledaddicts
tito
petervalle
vwkultur
Tanner
Damn-it Don
Cambur
vwtattooed
fluxcap
AlphaOmega
buggin70
Grifspop
57RTOval
adams77
sploval53
PeeWeeMan91
Bugman114
fried_chicken
68beetlebug
bagajo
DiggerD
callahan
Heinz57
ASBug
bumblebuggy
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Johnny
peregrine67
meinvw
zabo
DOODLE BUGG
69 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by DiggerD Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Hobug wrote:
adams77 wrote:I helped replace pans today on Serprice's bug with Hobug. Well Jon (Hobug) mainly watched!

That's because Adam showed up after I cut out the old pans and ground down one side to bare metal. Twisted Evil

And Digger............................bite me!

It took you three days to come up with that? Rolling Eyes
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Bugman114 Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Rusty62 wrote:Sent my index finger for a ride between the belt and the generator pulley. Now its a nasty and stuff, nail should be falling off any day. Lol!

holy shit man Shocked . did you break you finger? I would imagine it would have twisted your finger bad. ouch. any pics of your finger geek lol!
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:51 pm

Dang Josh. What were you trying to do? That fastest belt change trick? If so, you're supposed to use a screwdriver, not your finger.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Bugman114 wrote:
Rusty62 wrote:Sent my index finger for a ride between the belt and the generator pulley. Now its a nasty and stuff, nail should be falling off any day. Lol!

holy shit man Shocked . did you break you finger? I would imagine it would have twisted your finger bad. ouch. any pics of your finger geek lol!

2X Pics.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:42 pm

worked on one of the Caddy's today, cleaning and inspecting. primed the pump, hooked up the battery and fired it off!!!! found the paperwork where the original owner purchased it from Coates VW in Griffin.
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:44 pm

vwtattooed wrote:worked on one of the Caddy's today, cleaning and inspecting. primed the pump, hooked up the battery and fired it off!!!! found the paperwork where the original owner purchased it from Coates VW in Griffin.

Nice! If I would have had time I would have stopped on my way home and checked it out.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:25 pm

DiggerD wrote:
Hobug wrote:
adams77 wrote:I helped replace pans today on Serprice's bug with Hobug. Well Jon (Hobug) mainly watched!

That's because Adam showed up after I cut out the old pans and ground down one side to bare metal. Twisted Evil

And Digger............................bite me!

It took you three days to come up with that? Rolling Eyes

Yup! cheers
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty62 Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:32 am

LMAO! No did not brake it just about ripped the nail off. I will throw up some pics when I get home. Laughing
Rusty62
Rusty62
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Adjusted my valves and saw that cylinder #4 was missing center wavy rocker shim. It was slapping left and right about 3/16 of an inch. It bent the spring clip as well. It's a rebuilt engine. I don't know if it broke or if it was not put on in the first place. I didn't notice it on the first adjustment. I will have to check my oil carefully. Fortunatly I have my old engine to steal parts from.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Went and saw Steve Sands tonight. He had the engines bearings i needed. Let the engine build begin for Sadie
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:33 pm

Eric vs. Starter - Round 4

Well, when I was over at my parents the other day going through some parts, I found a filthy dirty starter that probably hasn't been mounted in a car in at least 20 years so I brought it home with me. I decided I would try to install a brand new bushing and this starter just to see what would happen.

Took autostick starter #2 out of the car, and went to work removing the old bushing. Came out easy by threading a tap into it and slowly working it out. While removing the old bushing, my hand hit something so I reached into the starter hole and pulled this out. Shocked
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 CIMG1145

Must have been left over from when autostick starter #1 decided to call it quits. Luckily it was too big to fall down into the bell housing. Well, now I was wondering if the current autostick starter was acting up every now and then because this piece was in the way, so I put that starter back in. Nope, test crank #3 gave me that horrible sound, so back under the car I went.

The old bushing came out easy, but I had a little trouble getting the new one in. I tried using a socket extension as a drift to guide it in, which worked great at first, but it was actually flaring out the end with the extension in it, and only went half way in before cracking. Sucked too, cause it was the only bushing I had. So off to Herrell's I went. 1.5 hour round trip for $5 worth of starter bushings.

Made another install tool out of a bolt and the second install went great. Put the starter in, and I'm happy to report that after 15 cranks, I have yet to get the screeching noise!!!! I don't want to get to excited yet though cause it could strike at anytime, but everybody please keep me in your prayers that I may have finally fixed this issue.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:11 pm

Last weekend, Drew got my front end pulled out. Today I got started on a 3 inch narrowed adjustable beam, and Drew dropped the back 2 notches. Tomorrow I'll finish the beam and get it put back in. Can't wait to get Bonnie back on the ground.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:33 pm

bakertim2 wrote:Last weekend, Drew got my front end pulled out. Today I got started on a 3 inch narrowed adjustable beam, and Drew dropped the back 2 notches. Tomorrow I'll finish the beam and get it put back in. Can't wait to get Bonnie back on the ground.

DREW? that was all me tim drew just helped me drop it so I didn't kill myself haha
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:43 am

Drove the Jolly Rancher to FL for some beach camping last week. Another 1000 trouble free miles.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 267532_1960412422861_1619336065_1944176_4364270_n

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 271082_1960427743244_1619336065_1944200_7445001_n
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Installed a wood grant wheel on O.B. the other day. I need to get some pics but first I got to clean up the garage so I can get O.B. out.....

Worked on the jetting for Java this evening. I dropped the air jet down a few sizes.....really seems to have freed up some power around 50mph and up....maybe it wont lean out so much now

Also picked up a starter for Jade today since the old one finally gave up during our mountain trip.

Here is few pictures from the mountains...
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 Img0362xo
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 Img0385gm
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 Img0346bs
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 Img0365g
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 Img0337j
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 Img0324bm
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 Img0345uc
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Cool pics Bryce. Where is this?
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by adams77 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:42 pm

sanded and sanded, blew out multicolored snot, then sanded some more.

Getting ready for paint this weekend!

adams77
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Most of it was in Highlands, NC
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:44 pm

buggin70 wrote:
bakertim2 wrote:Last weekend, Drew got my front end pulled out. Today I got started on a 3 inch narrowed adjustable beam, and Drew dropped the back 2 notches. Tomorrow I'll finish the beam and get it put back in. Can't wait to get Bonnie back on the ground.

DREW? that was all me tim drew just helped me drop it so I didn't kill myself haha
That figures Kyle. Thanks for doing that. But, he did get you out there, so, really he did get it done.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Most of it was in Highlands, NC
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Nice Bryce. I got married up around there. I need to get my car more trip worthy Very Happy
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:33 am

bryce that one pic looks like your peeing behind your car
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:32 pm

DOODLE BUGG wrote:Bryce that one pic looks like your peeing behind your car
You got me....I was topping off the coolant reservoir.....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by adams77 Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:31 pm

More sanding
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 5888969003_d484748614

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 38 5889539538_e10503d08c

adams77
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:
DOODLE BUGG wrote:Bryce that one pic looks like your peeing behind your car
You got me....I was topping off the coolant reservoir.....

affraid Thats not for coolant, thats the window washing fluid! affraid
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next