Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+65
fearthefat138
dlandvw3
Evilrduck
alcpsy
70VWKG
Raggtop
daltondragger73
Terry 64
mtownbeetle70
jamrens
pwmcguire
hly3rd
Major62
scott
Hobug
Keyhole7
Muffler Bearing
camch
Rusty62
Laz
kstanle2
BugmanNDsun
drewBAKER
LB Bedwell
69panel
Treehive
Cave Man
vwovalchild
Tanbug
bakertim2
BKiller
39coupe
67vdub
rpm750
aircooledaddicts
tito
petervalle
vwkultur
Tanner
Damn-it Don
Cambur
vwtattooed
fluxcap
AlphaOmega
buggin70
Grifspop
57RTOval
adams77
sploval53
PeeWeeMan91
Bugman114
fried_chicken
68beetlebug
bagajo
DiggerD
callahan
Heinz57
ASBug
bumblebuggy
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Johnny
peregrine67
meinvw
zabo
DOODLE BUGG
69 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Damn-it Don Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Loaded her up with pumpkins- and off to go painting! Getting ready to be at the East Cobb Market this Saturday, painting and vending.
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Grifspop Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:43 pm

My carbs shipped from ACE today
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanner Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Finally got my fire truck project painted/repainted. Now to put it all back together.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 Bacfro21
Tanner
Tanner
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://rt1designs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanner Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Starting to put some stuff on...

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 Fire_t10
Tanner
Tanner
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:04 pm

wow. I like that. Is it really a working firetruck (pump and everything)? or just a show kind of thing? I know VW made a lot of commercial vehicles, but i've never seen a fire truck. Very Happy . if it is real, did it use another VW engine to power it or something?
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:20 pm

peregrine67 wrote:
meinvw wrote:sand, sand, sand, skim, sand, sand, sand, sand, skim, skim, sand, skim, sand, cuss, skim some more, sand, sand , cuss a bit louder, pull widshield, cuss a whole lot, brush, sand, skim, fill, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand.... Will repeat today!
If you're doing the same on Saturday I may come up and help.

Did the same today, but Sat should be going to Augusta to drive a u-haul back, then camping that night just a bit south of here. Check the FMBC upcomming events, hope to make it to Laurens housewarming party then. Depends on how long it takes me to move the kids back home!!! Had a good weekend planned but the offspring kinda messed it up.....
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by fried_chicken Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:32 pm

put my drop spindels on my 6 inch beam and with adjusters all way up it has wayyy too much spring and wont stop skipping on the road. ( po welded adjusters at too much angle) i can turn a left and it shifts soo much the right side of pan head hits, dito on other side.... Sad how do i preload it too not do this?

Last edited by fried_chicken on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
fried_chicken
fried_chicken
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Finally finished installing heaterboxes on my 72. gets really hot really quick, lol. I also took apart my air box (fan didn't work), and cleaned/ lubed the bearings, and it worked perfectly. the last thing i need to do on the air ducting set-up are the two plastic pieces, that go on either side of the airbox, that go to the defroster for the windshield. I can't figure out how to get those little buggers back in. the two small fresh air hoses (bout 1 inch in diameter) that come from the heaterchannels, go to these two plastic pieces, to get warm air to the defroster if need be. I think i may try to redo this somehow, to incorperate the A/C as well. just means a little more ducting to run.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:12 am

got the vert sitting down 2 outer clicks in the rear the fat chick is going to be LOW
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:40 am

sploval53 wrote:got the vert sitting down 2 outer clicks in the rear the fat chick is going to be LOW
pics or it didn't happen lol
mostly i want to see that thing sitting right
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:46 am

its way to low cant fit my tires under it adj spring plates are going on in the morn after i get short torsion rods
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanner Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:59 am

The fire truck is home made. I'm going to drive it in parades and take it to shows and events. It has a slide-out grill for cooking and I'll be selling burgers and brats and stuff. It'll eventually look something like this:

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 Libert10
Tanner
Tanner
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:48 am

sploval53 wrote:its way to low cant fit my tires under it adj spring plates are going on in the morn after i get short torsion rods
someone on here was saying that those adjustable spring plates break easily, and that they've had them break on them. Might want to consider that, lol. it would suck to have your spring plate break while driving, especially being that low Shocked
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 pm

yea fearthefat told me bout that^^^... although ive been running them for over a year now, no problems so far! plus its nice to be able to dial them in without reseting the clicks

Keep in mind adj plates make for tight clearances with fat tires!
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Hats off to Sgt. Carter- for once again proving he can get ANYTHING to stay on a lugguge rack! (bungee is just for appearances sake- it's not really needed). She's held solid to 80mph so far!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 DSCF1529
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:20 pm

BOught a small piece of mirrored plexiglass and shaped it with a belt sander to fit the passenger sdie mirror. It snapped right in without any glue or anything. I'd actually like to glue it in but now I can't seem to pull it out. So I guess it's statying as is.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vwkultur Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Where did you get the mirrored plexiglass?? Smile
vwkultur
vwkultur
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:27 am

vwkultur wrote:Where did you get the mirrored plexiglass?? Smile
Ace hardware in Tucker. It was $10 a square foot. I bought half a foot for $5 and I have enough left over to make another one.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Got the bumpers for my Oval from Wolfsburg West today. They were so well packed, they even came in a custom made sleeve with a WW tag- Impressive!!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 WWbumper1

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 WWbumper2
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:38 pm

i put my new exhaust on and it sounds great!
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by petervalle Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:32 pm

I got a header and single muffler from EMPI for my 69 Bay and it sounds great. The engine started just fine after 18 months of sitting outside. Now I need to do some wiring.
petervalle
petervalle
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:58 pm

buggin70 wrote:i put my new exhaust on and it sounds great!

what did you get?
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:20 pm

that one empi gt 2 tip one
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:25 pm

peregrine67 wrote:
Ace hardware in Tucker. It was $10 a square foot. I bought half a foot for $5 and I have enough left over to make another one.

That Ace Hardware in Tucker has EVERYTHING !! All of the stainless hardware on my Oval came from there.
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Grifspop wrote:
peregrine67 wrote:

That Ace Hardware in Tucker has EVERYTHING !! All of the stainless hardware on my Oval came from there.

we have stainless kits we sell
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next