What to due?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What to due?

Post by 67vdub on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:37 pm

I have a 67 I drive. The question is to rebuild the door window rubber with new? Or replace with a kit with no vent window? If I go back org Iam looking for the out side trim to have no crome just rubber. scratch
avatar
67vdub
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 689
Age : 37
Location : Dallas Ga
Registration date : 2010-03-25

View user profile http://<style>.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by Damn-it Don on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:10 pm

OG style window trim/rubber on the roll down glass (on my 68) is two seperate pcs. I think they all are. Leave the trim out when installing- check that clips on the rubber scrapers hold snug enough w/o trim there. cheers
Am I remembering this right? Hmmm....


Last edited by Don Hall on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Age : 50
Location : Kinda like Mayberry around here
Registration date : 2008-07-25

View user profile http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by 67vdub on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Sounds good due know of a good co that I can order from? Mine are dry and leaking I also have to get new felt or rubber for my popouts. Thanks.
avatar
67vdub
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 689
Age : 37
Location : Dallas Ga
Registration date : 2010-03-25

View user profile http://<style>.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by vwgirl on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:11 pm

I don't think you can get the outside rubber without chrome... unless you get the black kind like i have in my 98... it's sold as one piece... then again i have never looked for it without.

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Age : 37
Location : marietta, ga
Registration date : 2009-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by 71_georgia_beetle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:56 pm

It's "What to dew". JK
avatar
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Age : 43
Location : Grayson, Ga
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by ibjamn on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:17 am

vwgirl wrote:I don't think you can get the outside rubber without chrome... unless you get the black kind like i have in my 98... it's sold as one piece... then again i have never looked for it without.

I have the same issue, and I haven't found the outside scraper without "the rest". But then again, one would have to remove "the rest" to replace it anyway, or am I wrong.

ibjamn
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 134
Location : Snellville
Registration date : 2010-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by 67vdub on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 am

Can you just remove the trim off the scraper. HMMM Iam not shure.
avatar
67vdub
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 689
Age : 37
Location : Dallas Ga
Registration date : 2010-03-25

View user profile http://<style>.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by vwgirl on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:42 am

ibjamn wrote:
vwgirl wrote:I don't think you can get the outside rubber without chrome... unless you get the black kind like i have in my 98... it's sold as one piece... then again i have never looked for it without.

I have the same issue, and I haven't found the outside scraper without "the rest". But then again, one would have to remove "the rest" to replace it anyway, or am I wrong.

Yes, you have to replace the whole thing... If you want to get rid of the chrome, black may be the only alternative.

I wouldn't go one piece window unless you have AC... I don't know about you, but those vent wings cool me off on those hot summer days!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Age : 37
Location : marietta, ga
Registration date : 2009-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by 67vdub on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:39 am

Yea they cool me off to. I have a buddy that has a crotch coolers on his vent windows a peice you add on to the vent window the moves in more air. I have seen them on the samba and moon eyes web for sale. lots of colors for sale.
avatar
67vdub
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 689
Age : 37
Location : Dallas Ga
Registration date : 2010-03-25

View user profile http://<style>.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by 71_georgia_beetle on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:19 pm

67vdub wrote:I have a 67 I drive. The question is to rebuild the door window rubber with new? Or replace with a kit with no vent window? If I go back org Iam looking for the out side trim to have no crome just rubber. scratch
Call CIP1 and ask if they have any with frame damage, if so, you might be able to get them. The problem that I found is that the new aluminum comes either chromed or with a varnish. This makes them very shiny and unappealing. I lucked out on one for the bus and got NOS but the second one I had to drill put and install on my old frame.
avatar
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Age : 43
Location : Grayson, Ga
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by vwgirl on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:27 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:
67vdub wrote:I have a 67 I drive. The question is to rebuild the door window rubber with new? Or replace with a kit with no vent window? If I go back org Iam looking for the out side trim to have no crome just rubber. scratch
Call CIP1 and ask if they have any with frame damage, if so, you might be able to get them. The problem that I found is that the new aluminum comes either chromed or with a varnish. This makes them very shiny and unappealing. I lucked out on one for the bus and got NOS but the second one I had to drill put and install on my old frame.

I'm not sure whether 67 is the old style or new, ivassume its the later stuff since the early is just a snap in piece of rubber, but the late model stuff also comes in black, which is not varnished or chromed... its more of a satin finish

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Age : 37
Location : marietta, ga
Registration date : 2009-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by 67vdub on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Iam not shure I pm stockornot and asked them and they are checking. What to dew or due that is the question.
avatar
67vdub
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 689
Age : 37
Location : Dallas Ga
Registration date : 2010-03-25

View user profile http://<style>.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by Damn-it Don on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Why 'do' anything? Rolling Eyes
avatar
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Age : 50
Location : Kinda like Mayberry around here
Registration date : 2008-07-25

View user profile http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by ibjamn on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Regardless..... I just want to keep as much water from coming in from the rubber scrapers because of it being cracked or missing chunks.

ibjamn
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 134
Location : Snellville
Registration date : 2010-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What to due?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum