Bolt pattern

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bolt pattern

Post by Warrior on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 pm

anyone know off hand what the bolt pattern for a 1974 VW Super beetle is?
Warrior
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolt pattern

Post by 720boy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:19 pm

4 x 130
720boy
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:54 pm

thanks. i was wondering because i have a friend that has some 4x100 16" wheels and was hoping i could throw them on the bug. i wonder if i could find an adapter..
Warrior
Dub Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Warrior wrote:thanks. i was wondering because i have a friend that has some 4x100 16" wheels and was hoping i could throw them on the bug. i wonder if i could find an adapter..

get blank drums and have someone drill them
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:33 pm

i just had aset of those adapters made they are made out of 3/4 in alum plate they are tuff pm and i can give a price you can see them at www.bugglife.com in curent projects on the aztec
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

View user profile http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 pm

DOODLE BUGG wrote:i just had aset of those adapters made they are made out of 3/4 in alum plate they are tuff pm and i can give a price you can see them at www.bugglife.com in curent projects on the aztec

Much safer, and probably cheaper, to buy a set of blank drums and have them drilled... usually they are not much more, if any, to have the correct drums drilled to whatever it is you want... Think about the fact that if you do go the route of an adapter it is going to change your offset, and it is just one more unnecessary part that could fail you...

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:25 pm

well, on the otherhand, it depends on the backspacing of the wheel, and the width, especially on a super. if the wheel backspacing isn't right, then the wheel could rub against the struts. having wheel adaptors can add enough space so that they wheels won't rub. thats what i need for my car, when i lower it, because i plan to add 17X8 inch wheels.
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 720boy on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 pm

hay, try wheel adapter.com, this guy makes some nice adapter. i have a 71 sb with the adapter 17x7 fit.
720boy
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Bugman114 wrote:well, on the otherhand, it depends on the backspacing of the wheel, and the width, especially on a super. if the wheel backspacing isn't right, then the wheel could rub against the struts. having wheel adaptors can add enough space so that they wheels won't rub. thats what i need for my car, when i lower it, because i plan to add 17X8 inch wheels.

I'd just go with a wheel with the right offset... don't forget that changing the offset is going to change your steering as you now have a wider spacing on the tires... this can also effect how the car is aligned, how it rides, etc. etc.

FWIW... my 73 super is lowered 5" the front fenders are rolled, I am using 145's and they still rub... but on the fender, not on the struts... that's with stock size EMPI 8 spokes... if you are planning to run 8" tires on a lowered car I hope you plan on running widened fenders too...

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:27 am

alot of your after market wheels dont go al the way overthe front hub cover and the big nut on back so they have to be spaced out any way also alot of wheels haveto much back spacing an this will fix it an the addapters i have made have more meat than a drum were the studs press through so they are just as safe if not safer but i can do what ever you want dril factory drums or make adapters
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

View user profile http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:30 pm

i dont know if i'm going to lower it yet. i will probly decide after i see the wheels on the car. not just to find out how much its going to cost me for the set of adapters.
Warrior
Dub Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top