Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 36 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Old Volks Place Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Bugman114 wrote:OK, i gotta know, where the hell does everyone keep getting these street signs from??? can you order them online or something, or is everyone just hacking off ones off the street Laughing ?

I quess you will find out when you get a ticket for not stoping at the stop sign that you didn't see because it wasn't there, Laughing OR you park in a no parking zone BUT you didn't know because you didn't see a sign telling you not to park here. Laughing

I have a few sign's if you are looking Laughing Laughing Laughing

Old Volks Place
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 36 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 56HAVOC Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:08 pm

Pack the bug and check tire pressure wipe it down and that's it. Ready for the road

Last edited by 56HAVOC on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:13 pm

56HAVOC wrote: Ready for the toad

Good deal! Razz
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:
56HAVOC wrote: Ready for the toad

Good deal! Razz

LOL!!! yes road I fix it. Thanks bro. Wish you guys could have made it to winter jam. But keep your eyes on Bug Jam. Got to do that one again.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 pm

your iphone fingers have been crackin me up today
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:26 pm

zabo wrote:your iphone fingers have been crackin me up today

LOL!!!!! yeah me to trying to do two and three things while texting is killing me to. But I'm thinking something wrong with my screen cause I've been getting the problem with emailing to
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:10 pm

well for the past two days i've been trying to deal with an annoying brake issue. One of the rear wheel cylinders busted, and i've been trying to get the drum off, but the friggin axle nut just won't come loose. first i soaked the damn thing in WD-40, and PB plaster, then tried my impact wrench. its rated at no more then 90psi. i tried it all the way to 120 PSI, and it still didn't budge. so i tried a brand new impact wrench, incase the old one had lost some of its power, and still didn't work. Soooo, i went and bought a brand new craftsman 1/2'' drive breaker bar from sears, but the nut was soo stuck, it broke. so i went and exchanged it out, and bought a HUGE craftsman 3/4'' drive breaker bar and 3/4'' drive 36mm socket. Together it cost me $80 for the breaker bar and socket ($40 for the bar, and $40 for the socket Shocked ). I put a long bar on the end, and was standing on top of the bar (my 280lb fat ass Laughing ), and the wheel started to spin. so i got two guys to sit inside while i did it, and sure enough..........I BROKE THE 3/4'' DRIVE BREAKER BAR Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . WTF. has anyone ever broke one before??? that is one huge chunk of metal. I didn't think it was possible to break one of those, especially on a VW, hahaha. The guys at sear could hardly believe i broke the 1/2'' bar on a vw. imagine the look on their face when i walk in tomorrow with the 3/4'' breaker bar broken in two.

well.......... it looks like my last resort is gonna have to be to gring the nut off. guess some sparks are gonna fly tomorrow, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Bugman114 wrote:well for the past two days i've been trying to deal with an annoying brake issue. One of the rear wheel cylinders busted, and i've been trying to get the drum off, but the friggin axle nut just won't come loose. first i soaked the damn thing in WD-40, and PB plaster, then tried my impact wrench. its rated at no more then 90psi. i tried it all the way to 120 PSI, and it still didn't budge. so i tried a brand new impact wrench, incase the old one had lost some of its power, and still didn't work. Soooo, i went and bought a brand new craftsman 1/2'' drive breaker bar from sears, but the nut was soo stuck, it broke. so i went and exchanged it out, and bought a HUGE craftsman 3/4'' drive breaker bar and 3/4'' drive 36mm socket. Together it cost me $80 for the breaker bar and socket ($40 for the bar, and $40 for the socket Shocked ). I put a long bar on the end, and was standing on top of the bar (my 280lb fat ass Laughing ), and the wheel started to spin. so i got two guys to sit inside while i did it, and sure enough..........I BROKE THE 3/4'' DRIVE BREAKER BAR Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . WTF. has anyone ever broke one before??? that is one huge chunk of metal. I didn't think it was possible to break one of those, especially on a VW, hahaha. The guys at sear could hardly believe i broke the 1/2'' bar on a vw. imagine the look on their face when i walk in tomorrow with the 3/4'' breaker bar broken in two.

well.......... it looks like my last resort is gonna have to be to gring the nut off. guess some sparks are gonna fly tomorrow, lol.

use heat thats what i had to do
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:24 pm

oh, i forgot to mention that, lol. i got the fugger almost red hot. parts of the nut were red hot. still didn't make a difference. i couldn't believe that didnt work either, hahaha
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Bugman114 wrote:oh, i forgot to mention that, lol. i got the fugger almost red hot. parts of the nut were red hot. still didn't make a difference. i couldn't believe that didnt work either, hahaha

what kind of torch?
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:36 pm

buggin70 wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:oh, i forgot to mention that, lol. i got the fugger almost red hot. parts of the nut were red hot. still didn't make a difference. i couldn't believe that didnt work either, hahaha

what kind of torch?

propane
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Bugman114 wrote: Together it cost me $80 for the breaker bar and socket ($40 for the bar, and $40 for the socket Shocked ).

If they give you your money back, come home, get on the computer and buy this.
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC-C10-7036

As much as you are working on your bug Mike, this will pay for itself in no time. If you were closer, I'd let you borrow mine to see how great they work. Works on both the rear axles and the gland nut.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Bugman114 wrote:
buggin70 wrote:

what kind of torch?

propane

we used acetaline
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:51 pm

fluxcap wrote:
Bugman114 wrote: Together it cost me $80 for the breaker bar and socket ($40 for the bar, and $40 for the socket Shocked ).

As much as you are working on your bug Mike, this will pay for itself in no time. If you were closer, I'd let you borrow mine to see how great they work. Works on both the rear axles and the gland nut.

Man, i don't know. i mean it BROKE a 3/4'' drive breaker bar right in the middle, as the handle. that bar has to be close to 1 inch thick by itself. how much tourque to you think it takes to do that? i took the handle off a broken floor jack, and stuck it on the end of the handle. so the handle was like 5 feet long, and i stood on the end of the handle and the nut still wouldn't move. i started to bounce up and down, and the handle started to bend Laughing . the socket part of that tool is welded to the end of the bar, so idk. it looks like it would break, but idk. maybe i'll take you up on that offer. if it works, i'll buy ya a beer Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:52 pm

buggin70 wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:
buggin70 wrote:

what kind of torch?

propane

we used acetaline

it got the damn thing red hot. took over 30 mins, and i went thru proly around half the bottle, lol, but it got red hot.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Bugman114 wrote:
it looks like it would break, but idk. maybe i'll take you up on that offer. if it works, i'll buy ya a beer Laughing

It'll work. Wink I used it to remove my gland nut using just a small 1/4inch ratchet. It multiplies the force by 9x, so 30 pounds of pressure would really be about 270 pounds. 540 pounds (if it really took that much) would really only need 60 pounds at the ratchet.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by aircooledaddicts Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 am

Drove it to Daytona!!!
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 am

goton I-75 and shot down to winter jam in the havoc and never look back,the havoc rode like a champ,
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:19 am

56HAVOC wrote:goton I-75 and shot down to winter jam in the havoc and never look back,the havoc rode like a champ,

cheers
'nuff said!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:12 am

[quote="Bugman114"]well for the past two days i've been trying to deal with an annoying brake issue. One of the rear wheel cylinders busted, and i've been trying to get the drum off, but the friggin axle nut just won't come loose. first i soaked the damn thing in WD-40, and PB plaster, then tried my impact wrench. its rated at no more then 90psi. i tried it all the way to 120 PSI, and it still didn't budge. so i tried a brand new impact wrench, incase the old one had lost some of its power, and still didn't work.

On the impact guns you have to see what they can put out tourqe wise. Its one of those tools that you get what you pay for. Look at the torqe outputs and get one thats at least 500-750lbs. Also check and make sure the complete cotter pin is out and a piece did not break off. Another thing to always do is try tightening it first. Sometimes its easier to break them loose going that direction.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:06 am

Bugman114 wrote:
fluxcap wrote:

Man, i don't know. i mean it BROKE a 3/4'' drive breaker bar right in the middle, as the handle. that bar has to be close to 1 inch thick by itself. how much tourque to you think it takes to do that? i took the handle off a broken floor jack, and stuck it on the end of the handle. so the handle was like 5 feet long, and i stood on the end of the handle and the nut still wouldn't move. i started to bounce up and down, and the handle started to bend Laughing . the socket part of that tool is welded to the end of the bar, so idk. it looks like it would break, but idk. maybe i'll take you up on that offer. if it works, i'll buy ya a beer Laughing

Sounds like you need a torquemeister (torque multiplier)... I have one if you need to borrow it...

I am about to go put new brake rotors, drums, shoes and pads on my bus... then I am going to replace the rubber seals on the brake tube from res 1 to res 2 and seal it all up!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Sold the Manx!

Bought the trailer light converter to wire up the trailer lights on Java so I can get the Napper ready for Reynolds.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Sold the Manx!

Bought the trailer light converter to wire up the trailer lights on Java so I can get the Napper ready for Reynolds.

Wish I knew you needed one. I have an extra laying around still in the package!

Congrats on selling the Manx.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:44 pm

well, i finally got the axle nut off. first i bought a map bottle, and used it instead of propane (it supposed to be hotter), so while sitting there with the flame on, it was about 30 mins and the nut started to get red on some areas, when all of a sudden, the torch head, that screws onto the bottle, started hissing funny, and like 2 seconds later the whole top half of the bottle burst into flames, while i was holding it. i couldn't even see my hand thru the fireball that was comming off the bottle. i threw it down quick (now that i'm looking back, that prolly wasn't a good idea Laughing ). i grabbed the water hose (thank goodness i put it right next to me, i always do when messing with fire), and sprayed it out. took like a minute to get the fire to stop. my hand was fine. no burns at all, not even a little. just some missing hair.

Anyhoo, after that i started getting really pissed, so i took my tourque tool thingy (that flat 1/2'' thick steel plate, where on one side it has the cut out for the nut, and the other a 1/2'' drive square), put it on the nut, grabbed a sledge hammer, and started to pound the hell out of it. i missed a few times, one missed, and put a nice big ding on the fender, and the second time i missed, i put a ding in the wheel. but after a few good hard hits, i look and the nut had turned a little. SUCCESS!!!. i grabbed my brand new, bent to hell, 3/4'' drive breaker bar, and the nut came off.

So i replaced the breake stuff, and bought a brand new nut. then procedded to smear the threads of the stub axle, and nut in anti-sieze. along with a new cotten pin, and i'm good to go. I friggin hate drum brakes. I got a quote from stockornaut for a rear disc brake set-up, and it will only cost $228 for the kit. Next pay-day, i'll be orderig the kit from them Cool
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Busy week, went to a junkyard in AL on Thursday and we picked up a 74 westy for a friend, then yesterday went and picked up my new to me 78 westy, then traded today the DC for my 73 high roof back. Busy busy, waited to pull the drive train from the dc until 10am, fun fun. But now have 4 westies sitting here along with the panel gon and new beetle. Will it ever stop!!!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 36 Busesbusesbuses001

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 36 Busesbusesbuses013

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 36 Busesbusesbuses012

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 36 Busesbusesbuses014
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next