Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Hobug on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:45 pm

The title says it all. The only threads that are fun to read keep getting locked. If you aren't locking EVERYTHING Scott B. posts, why lock anything????? :Gun:
avatar
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1302
Location : Bishop GA
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by 59suicide on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:38 am

Lock THIS ---> :Moon:

Laughing
avatar
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Age : 35
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by DiggerD on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:37 am

59suicide wrote:Lock THIS ---> :Moon:

Laughing

Now that was fun to read.............. lol!
avatar
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Location : Dacula, GA
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by zabo on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:24 am

dont you realize its Georgia Dubs official policy to lock, move or delete any post where buggin58 is mentioned?
avatar
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Location : decatur
Registration date : 2008-08-04

View user profile http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by bumblebuggy on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:23 pm

This site in an alternative to the BS that happens on other sites. If you want to act out, be offensive, or just stupid (sometimes stupid is OK) there are other places to do that. We pride ourselves on being a friendly group and it only takes one or two bad apples to ruin a whole forum. We want everyone here to feel welcomed and enjoy the best of the local VW community. Scott is doing a good job as a mod slapping down threads that don't belong but not being a Nazi with the delete button. All of you know what it appropriate to post on this site and, if you don't, you'll learn when threads get deleted.
avatar
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Location : McDonough
Registration date : 2008-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Bugman114 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:51 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:This site in an alternative to the BS that happens on other sites. If you want to act out, be offensive, or just stupid (sometimes stupid is OK) there are other places to do that. We pride ourselves on being a friendly group and it only takes one or two bad apples to ruin a whole forum. We want everyone here to feel welcomed and enjoy the best of the local VW community. Scott is doing a good job as a mod slapping down threads that don't belong but not being a Nazi with the delete button. All of you know what it appropriate to post on this site and, if you don't, you'll learn when threads get deleted.

THANK YOU!!!! Thats the main reason i prefer this site over others. and to keep it that way, there obviously hase to be some sort of boundry. cross it, and it gets deleted or locked. Its a good way to keep out all the dramma. If anyone want to argue about something, either call them up, or PM each other, cause it really shouldn't be there for everyone to see.
avatar
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Age : 28
Location : Ellenwood, GA
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by 65type2dailydriver on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:02 pm

PM sent Laughing
avatar
65type2dailydriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 273
Age : 38
Location : Atlanta, GA
Registration date : 2008-08-25

View user profile http://www.gregoryalanclark.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Bugman114 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:07 pm

65type2dailydriver wrote:PM sent Laughing

You ass................... Laughing drunken lol, jk
avatar
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Age : 28
Location : Ellenwood, GA
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by buggin58 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:16 pm

zabo wrote:dont you realize its Georgia Dubs official policy to lock, move or delete any post where buggin58 is mentioned?

yep this willlprob be locked or deleted now

buggin58
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 123
Location : dallas
Registration date : 2009-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Hobug on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:38 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:This site in an alternative to the BS that happens on other sites. If you want to act out, be offensive, or just stupid (sometimes stupid is OK) there are other places to do that. We pride ourselves on being a friendly group and it only takes one or two bad apples to ruin a whole forum. We want everyone here to feel welcomed and enjoy the best of the local VW community. Scott is doing a good job as a mod slapping down threads that don't belong but not being a Nazi with the delete button. All of you know what it appropriate to post on this site and, if you don't, you'll learn when threads get deleted.

Thank you for taking totally seriously that which I posted in jest. Rolling Eyes I did find some of the earlier posts to be quite entertaining. Twisted Evil And I still think everything that Scott posts should be deleated. Twisted Evil
avatar
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1302
Location : Bishop GA
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Bugman114 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Thats exactly why i never take anything said online, personally. Its really hard to show emotions and sarcasm in words, unless you throw a friggin emoticon after your writing.


For example, my post above

If i just said:

"You ass" that might have been takin the wrong way.

But since i said
"You ass Laughing " you know i was just messin wit ya.






Sorry, rant over Laughing
avatar
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Age : 28
Location : Ellenwood, GA
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by 71_georgia_beetle on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Hobug wrote:
bumblebuggy wrote:This site in an alternative to the BS that happens on other sites. If you want to act out, be offensive, or just stupid (sometimes stupid is OK) there are other places to do that. We pride ourselves on being a friendly group and it only takes one or two bad apples to ruin a whole forum. We want everyone here to feel welcomed and enjoy the best of the local VW community. Scott is doing a good job as a mod slapping down threads that don't belong but not being a Nazi with the delete button. All of you know what it appropriate to post on this site and, if you don't, you'll learn when threads get deleted.

Thank you for taking totally seriously that which I posted in jest. Rolling Eyes I did find some of the earlier posts to be quite entertaining. Twisted Evil And I still think everything that Scott posts should be deleated. Twisted Evil
Jon and I are friends so I got the sarcasm. I swear and firmly believe that we need to create a sarcasm font. So, from now on if you want to say something with a hint of sarcasm say it with Comic Sans Ms in a large font!
avatar
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Age : 43
Location : Grayson, Ga
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Hobug on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:29 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:
Hobug wrote:
bumblebuggy wrote:This site in an alternative to the BS that happens on other sites. If you want to act out, be offensive, or just stupid (sometimes stupid is OK) there are other places to do that. We pride ourselves on being a friendly group and it only takes one or two bad apples to ruin a whole forum. We want everyone here to feel welcomed and enjoy the best of the local VW community. Scott is doing a good job as a mod slapping down threads that don't belong but not being a Nazi with the delete button. All of you know what it appropriate to post on this site and, if you don't, you'll learn when threads get deleted.

Thank you for taking totally seriously that which I posted in jest. Rolling Eyes I did find some of the earlier posts to be quite entertaining. Twisted Evil And I still think everything that Scott posts should be deleated. Twisted Evil
Jon and I are friends so I got the sarcasm. I swear and firmly believe that we need to create a sarcasm font. So, from now on if you want to say something with a hint of sarcasm say it with Comic Sans Ms in a large font!
0

Scott posted this,......PLEASE delete it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry Scott, I don't know where to find your sarcastic font. :1:
avatar
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1302
Location : Bishop GA
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by DiggerD on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Like we need a sarcasm font..................
avatar
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Location : Dacula, GA
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by bumblebuggy on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 am

Sarcasm font won't work. Some people still won't get it. 90% of communication is lost when you don't see someone face to face. If you're joking on a message board, you need to make it painfully obvious.
avatar
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Location : McDonough
Registration date : 2008-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by BKiller on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 am

I would need that to be my default font for my profile!
avatar
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Age : 44
Location : McDonough
Registration date : 2009-04-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by DiggerD on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:45 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:Sarcasm font won't work. Some people still won't get it. 90% of communication is lost when you don't see someone face to face. If you're joking on a message board, you need to make it painfully obvious.

You're joking.............right? scratch
avatar
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Location : Dacula, GA
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by meinvw on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 pm

DiggerD wrote:
bumblebuggy wrote:Sarcasm font won't work. Some people still won't get it. 90% of communication is lost when you don't see someone face to face. If you're joking on a message board, you need to make it painfully obvious.

You're joking.............right? scratch

Unfourtunatly he is not. seen it to many times, you can joke all you want but there are a few that will take it literally even though its made obvious. sad to say but those are the ones needed to be banned, there are sites for them and places they need to be, but not here. i do joke a lot and have pissed quite a few off. Unfourtunatly some people just do not understand the jest, and it causes problems. Just a fact of life I guess, Some never learn if you cannot laugh at yourself, then you should be shot...
avatar
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Age : 48
Location : marietta ga
Registration date : 2008-11-22

View user profile http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Bugman114 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:32 pm

like glen said. you usually have to be painfull obvious when making jokes.
avatar
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Age : 28
Location : Ellenwood, GA
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by DiggerD on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:03 pm

DiggerD wrote:
bumblebuggy wrote:Sarcasm font won't work. Some people still won't get it. 90% of communication is lost when you don't see someone face to face. If you're joking on a message board, you need to make it painfully obvious.

You're joking.............right? scratch

Ummm, I was making a joke about Glen saying to make a joke obvious, so I was asking if he was joking about joking, which was a joke since it was.............oh no, now I've gone crosseyed....... jocolor
avatar
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Location : Dacula, GA
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Bugman114 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:29 pm

i guess the whole point is:

DONT TAKE STUFF PERSONALLY ONLINE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

lol!
avatar
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Age : 28
Location : Ellenwood, GA
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Hobug on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Bugman114 wrote:i guess the whole point is:

DONT TAKE STUFF PERSONALLY ONLINE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

lol!

AMEN brother! cheers
avatar
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1302
Location : Bishop GA
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by 68bugkid on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:43 pm

</thread>


LOL
avatar
68bugkid
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 59
Location : Dallas, GA
Registration date : 2009-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Clyde on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:07 pm

then you should be shot...


Geeeez.... Be careful around here affraid

Honestly, I run into all types when I'm selling at shows. 99.99% of VW folks are great. VW represents open mindedness, functionality over style, frugality, simplicity, honesty, etc, etc... And the people who are drawn to the VW generally reflect the same loving and honest attitude toward things as well as people.

Then up walks Mr know it all, who has the only way to fix whatever and he has to broadcast it to prove everyone else on the planet is wrong. I love the looks on the others at my tables as I patiently listen and smile.

None of us are better than anyone else. Just older, and maybe made a bunch more mistakes.
avatar
Clyde
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 278
Location : Athens, Ga
Registration date : 2008-07-23

View user profile http://athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by 59suicide on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:51 pm

Clyde wrote:
then you should be shot...


Geeeez.... Be careful around here affraid

Honestly, I run into all types when I'm selling at shows. 99.99% of VW folks are great. VW represents open mindedness, functionality over style, frugality, simplicity, honesty, etc, etc... And the people who are drawn to the VW generally reflect the same loving and honest attitude toward things as well as people.

Then up walks Mr know it all, who has the only way to fix whatever and he has to broadcast it to prove everyone else on the planet is wrong. I love the looks on the others at my tables as I patiently listen and smile.

None of us are better than anyone else. Just older, and maybe made a bunch more mistakes.

I mistaked my way through my engine build Laughing
avatar
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Age : 35
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ya'll keep locking the only threads worth reading

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum