Is the back seat in a bug supposed to fold all the way down?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is the back seat in a bug supposed to fold all the way down?

Post by Bugman114 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:02 pm

just something thats been on my mind for a while. Is the backseat supposed to fold all the way down? Cuz the back seat in my 74 super won't go all the way down. it seems like the pivot for the top part, is too low, and the bottom of the top part, hits the back of the bottom part of the seat, and won't let it fold all the way down. Is this normal? i went to the junkyard the other day, and noticed the bug there did that too. Is this a common issue? anyone ever try to fix this issue somehow?
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is the back seat in a bug supposed to fold all the way down?

Post by buggin58 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:14 pm

if u take o bottom of the seat of it fold down all tha way

buggin58
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Once you get her back there, your combined weight will allow the seat to lay flat. Reverse cowgirl is best in a bug!
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:26 pm

well, i really don't want to take the bottom of the seat out, as i use it, and i'm way to lazy to take the bottom part in and out Laughing .

And scott............. I see your point lol! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce drunken drunken bounce bounce bounce drunken bounce

guess i'll just have to go get a caravan seat then. TO THA JUNK YARD!!! afro
Bugman114
Dub God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:31 am

Bugman114 wrote:just something thats been on my mind for a while. Is the backseat supposed to fold all the way down? Cuz the back seat in my 74 super won't go all the way down. it seems like the pivot for the top part, is too low, and the bottom of the top part, hits the back of the bottom part of the seat, and won't let it fold all the way down. Is this normal? i went to the junkyard the other day, and noticed the bug there did that too. Is this a common issue? anyone ever try to fix this issue somehow?

My '72 has what is left of the original pull down strap. It was a piece of webbing, a hook, and a cinch strap. The idea was to overcome the padding by cinching down the top frame to the metal of the bottom frame.

Typically this would be good if you were loading up the back seat with groceries, then when you got done you would figure out that you had left your lights on because of the lack of an alarm, and then you would have to take every thing back out to get to your battery (or jack if you had a flat tire - 1972 genius move...)

Any way that is how you held down the rear seat.
KC
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2184
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:02 am

Ahh. didn't know that. But upon inspecting the backseat a few mins ago, i don't seem to have anything, except for that hook. and the stubb of the strap left on the back of the seat. i did pull the backseat from pullapart a few years ago, cause my old seat was toast. the one i have now was much better, but has a big chunk of vynal missing from the top of the top part. but now i think the springs are starting go break in the bottom part, cause it seems the frame around the outside of the bottom part, collapses inward when you sit on it. Just realized it when i went to go check it out now. And since the middle bench seat from a mid 90's to early 2000's dodge caravan fits perfectly in the back of a bug, and there are like 15 of them in the east and south PAP now, i think i'll just head on over there and rip a seat out. It also folds flat, and actually lines up perfectly with the package tray to give you a nice flat place to throw a cooler, or lots o groceries (or in my case lots o dirty VW parts....... guess i better keep a tarp in the back too geek ) and while i'm there, i guess i'll see if i can find a ford probe, or mitsubishi eclipse, and rip the front seats out of those too. so a whole new interior from PAP will cost me like $80, versus new VW seat is closer to $800-$1K affraid . That horse hair is really starting to piss me off Laughing .
Bugman114
Dub God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:55 pm

That horse hair is really starting to piss me off Laughing

meinvw reports that horsehair can be kinda minty too!

click for the full report!
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

View user profile http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top