Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors

+29
rpm750
bakertim2
DiscoSquirrel
Bugman114
71_georgia_beetle
daltondragger73
fluxcap
vwkultur
sploval53
jshmnghm
69panel
jerryg66
Goped406
Knumb Knucks
racecar67
65type2dailydriver
57RTOval
Cambur
56HAVOC
svkustoms
tito
Damn-it Don
panic_fan
vwovalchild
aircooledaddicts
bumblebuggy
EngineerTEN
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
59suicide
33 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Empty Re: Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors

Post by vwovalchild Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:44 pm

Maybe you will have better luck with these staying on and not coming off while driving down the road.

LOL lol!
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Empty Re: Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors

Post by 59suicide Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:07 pm

votwing wrote:Maybe you will have better luck with these staying on and not coming off while driving down the road.

LOL lol!

Laughing Yeah i was thinkin that when I was putting them on... alot more treads in the drums, the centerlines were quite a bit thicker.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 11-12-10

looks like my 53
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:34 pm

yours is way nicer than mine, WOW. Wish I had a split Smile that is pretty much the look im going for
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by vwkultur Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:30 am

Those wide 5s are the deal!
vwkultur
vwkultur
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:23 am

Toby spent the night In the driveway with his girlfriend, he likes em young Laughing

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Bug_pr21
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:17 am

ordered some poppers and remotes for the doors... no more having to leave the window down to open the door from the outside, and no more shutting the door with the window up and screaming CRAP as its about to slam shut lol! It is so had to break in a car without normal door handles scratch. I have only done that twice Laughing

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Shaved11

As soon as I can find my camera Ill snap some pics of toby in his new home.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:34 pm

The new shop nice, dry and warm :Rockit: First project is gonna be poppers, and solenoids then front apron...gotta work the weekend next day off is not until monday then the next weekend after so... until then, just need TIME!!!!!! Mad

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Bug_pr22

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Bug_pr23

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Bug_pr24
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:47 pm

new tires came in for the gli today so I will be roasting the crap out of the old ones Twisted Evil Ill see if I can get a video up.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:47 pm

Got the popper kit in today, did the drivers side... pretty sweet Twisted Evil

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Popper10

best mounting point with nothing in the way
Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Popper11

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Popper12

59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:07 pm

That is definitely cool. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Cool man. No more leaving the window down!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Twisted Evil me next right??? jk leavin it the way it is for now
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Those are awesome. There was a story I read on Volkswebbin about a guy with suicides and pop locks. They were RF controlled. He traveled a stretch of highway that was home to a bunch of technical communication companies. One day driving home, radio up, 65mph down the hwy and pop................................bam! Ripped the frickin' door off. He cleaned the shit out of his pants, inspected the damage and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, except the obvious missing door. The only thing he thought could have happened was that one of those companies was broadcasting at the exact or within range of his RF. The topper to the story is that this was his fault. His particular brand has a fail safe. If the ignition is on the unit is disabled, but this only happens if you actually connect that wire. He had not!

You live and you learn..................................you've got that wire on, right? Very Happy
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Popper10

U still aint got that apron on yet, chop chop, lets go, lol Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:50 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:Those are awesome. There was a story I read on Volkswebbin about a guy with suicides and pop locks. They were RF controlled. He traveled a stretch of highway that was home to a bunch of technical communication companies. One day driving home, radio up, 65mph down the hwy and pop................................bam! Ripped the frickin' door off. He cleaned the shit out of his pants, inspected the damage and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, except the obvious missing door. The only thing he thought could have happened was that one of those companies was broadcasting at the exact or within range of his RF. The topper to the story is that this was his fault. His particular brand has a fail safe. If the ignition is on the unit is disabled, but this only happens if you actually connect that wire. He had not!

You live and you learn..................................you've got that wire on, right? Very Happy

oh yea it can only pop with the ignition off... I hope Shocked I connected the wire and tested it
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:51 pm

OH, i didn't see it anywhere, but what kit did ya buy? and where? let us know how the install went, cause i'm thinking of getting that for my bug.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:07 am

the install was pretty straight forward, the hardest part was making sure everything worked with the windows up and down and nothing got in the way. I got the kit off of ebay, just type in shaved door kit they have many to choose from, i just got the 40 lbs solinoied kit with no alarm just transmitter... basicially everything you see in the pic is what came in the kit, minus the apron Laughing I also have the option to add other thnigs to the transmitter, anything electrical can be hooked to it and turned on and off, as long as you provide the relays for it. I will do more detailed pics on the passenger door and go step by step, as soon as i have time freed up.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:50 pm

lol! I had a hard time backing over a softball that happend to roll under toby in the garage yesterday... it got stuck under my pan.. I thought something was binding up Laughing, I guess im sitting a little low Twisted Evil
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:33 pm

59suicide wrote:I guess im sitting a little low Twisted Evil

not possible Very Happy
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:46 pm

DiscoSquirrel wrote:
59suicide wrote:I guess im sitting a little low Twisted Evil

not possible Very Happy

I think i need to go a little lower so next time the softball will not be able to roll under toby Very Happy just bump into him Laughing
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Now that's what I'm talking about Cool
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Ok Im looking for a good transaxle rebuild for a swing that is reliable and good priced of course, anybody have any suggetions. I figured if I'm rebuilding this engine then its a good time to get the trans upgraded, anything would be greatful
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:22 am

The next day after what it is I believe to be a spun bearing... me and my old sailor friend, whom has a blue super beetle, had a small adventure which included his whole family. First attempt was me had Bill and his older boy driving the super beetle down to the crime scene where Toby spent the night to see if it were the alternator that seized up, well his bug decided to break down, after we found out the truth of Toby's fate. We troubleshot for a while, which consisted of turning the key until the battery almost died, then ding ding a light bulb... "Bill I bet its the fuel filter," "No man I think the fuel pump took a $#it," "Bill your thinking in the service department mindset, your not working on a commission here, this is not Big 10 Tires," we both laugh... me being me i go for the easiest thing first, well one less fuel filter on Toby later bills 'ol super fired right up... the whole while his wife was on the way with the truck and trailer, she got there right when we had the super running again. To get Toby on this trailer his two boys him and his wife all pushed while I lifted the front, its only 2 inches of the ground. Twisted Evil I bet it was entertaining to see two bugs with the deck lids open on the side of the road Laughing Well enough said, some pics of the bug on a one axle trailer Shocked Good thing Toby quit only a couple miles from the house on a 60 mile round trip Laughing

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Dead_b10

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Dead_b11

Where Toby sits for the next couple months, hopefully less with my new found $2500 budget
Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 Dead_b12
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:37 am

First purchase of many, dual 44idf webers hand polished intakes $500 shipped :Rockit: Just a taste of what my engine will consist of <---- guess what size my engine will be and you win, the winner will be announced when I start it for the first time and broadcast it live on youtube Laughing

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 4 25629010
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next